Female condoms

Has anyone had any experience with female condoms? Good? Bad? A provider suggested we try one and I'm curious as to others experiences.
I know a provider that uses them for XXL gents. But thats as much as I know.
They're pretty much all my AFT and I use. The big advantage is that they feel great and much more "natural" than male condoms. The other advantage is that they can be inserted in advance of play and then you can naturally move from foreplay or whatever other activities you're engaged in right into intercourse. You may need some lube before entry depending on how long you wait. They're a bit of a pain for DATY, but can be pushed out of the way for natural access. The only other downside is they're not real visually appealing. Again though, they feel great!
I've tried them a couple times with a provider. Do this little experiment: make sure your hands are warm, then squirt some lube into a baggy. Slip the baggy over your dick and jack off. If you like the way that feels, then you're good to go with a female condom.
Everyone likes different condoms, I think the same could be said about the female condom. I have tried them before and don't ever plan to again. Like Bobave suggested, feels like you are f'ing a Ziploc.
I've tried them a couple times with a provider. Do this little experiment: make sure your hands are warm, then squirt some lube into a baggy. Slip the baggy over your dick and jack off. If you like the way that feels, then you're good to go with a female condom. Originally Posted by Bobave
Hell, I don't need to try that to figure out I don't like that! If I did, I would stay at home! LOL
LOL!!! @ Bobave
and like iluvbigtits mentioned with his friend,
There's a certain someone I met SE of Houston who NO traditional condom would fit. These were perfect! ^_^ (oh thank gawd he could live without anal. ho-ly shit)
From my POV, they felt fine.

Oooh, they're also great for FMF play, so you don't have to stop.. use new cover... start again..
Oooh, they're also great for FMF play, so you don't have to stop.. use new cover... start again.. Originally Posted by lilred_robin
While in the FMF scenario this might be a practical plus, for me it is also a huge visual minus. I just don't think they look sexy at all. Kind of a turn off.

Also Robin's point raises a question I have had for a while, and maybe Robin and some of the other providers can weigh in on it. If during a FMF threesome each of the two women are comfortable with DATY with each other, why is sharing a condom an issue?

This makes total sense to me if the women aren't willing to perform oral on each other, but I kind of don't get it otherwise.

I've done the FMF scenario a number of times with providers and some insist on switching condoms and some don't.

Granted, in the cases where switching wasn't required, the providers knew each other well and had worked together often.

But still, is there something obvious that I am missing?
If I was with a providers during FMF that did NOT require new condoms, I would be really concerned. That seems like a huge risk for STD, I can't imagine someone in this industry not knowing how unsafe that is.
I still say "If it ain't broke..don't fix it" !

lol @ bobave ..funny
Also Robin's point raises a question I have had for a while, and maybe Robin and some of the other providers can weigh in on it. If during a FMF threesome each of the two women are comfortable with DATY with each other, why is sharing a condom an issue?
Originally Posted by Biomech
For the same reason ladies will give bbbj but NOT BBFS
If I was with a providers during FMF that did NOT require new condoms, I would be really concerned. That seems like a huge risk for STD, I can't imagine someone in this industry not knowing how unsafe that is. Originally Posted by ScubaBad
But it seems like a huge risk to who though? If a man is wearing a condom the whole time, can he really be at any greater risk using one condom instead of two?

With either female condoms or regular condoms, the man is still technically covered at all times, so the biggest transmission worry would most likely have to be from one female to the other female, right?

It would seem the risk of transmission FROM the man can't increase because of a shared condom, because he is still covered and not exposing the women to fluids. Nor would it seem that his personal risk could be increased, because again... he is covered.

So I guess what I am still not sure about, and maybe someone has some information on this, is if a shared condom is really a greater risk for the women than from performing oral on each other?

Maybe it is, I don't know. That's honestly why I'm asking.

And don't get me wrong, I am only TOO HAPPY to switch condoms. I'll switch as many times as necessary, I have no problem with that at all, and I have in every case except one and in that case the two women were actually close friends outside the hobby and they worked together regularly, so I assumed they considered each other safe and I honestly couldn't think of how my risk could have been increased, as I would still be wearing a condom the whole time.

Anyway, this was over a year ago and I have since been checked, but it is something I have wondered about.

Any providers have any info or insights into this? And what are your main concerns in this area?
Changing condoms keeps the man from transferring bodily fluids from one lady to the next. Not necessarily to protect the man. Of course I wouldn't know, I've never had the pleasure....damnit.
  • LynnT
  • 08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I use them mostly for duos. Easy for the guy to switch. Make sure you are lubed well and it takes a few minutes to get the condom in. The ladys have to shove the excess up in there. lol The ring that goes in our cervix is a slippery sucker! Also you have to check and make sure they dont get pushed up in.

I have used it with a few clients and ones that take longer usually get off quicker with them. You can still give a lady oral with them in and they work well if its already in so you can go when its that moment and not stop for a condom..
  • LynnT
  • 08-10-2011, 07:45 AM
But it seems like a huge risk to who though? If a man is wearing a condom the whole time, can he really be at any greater risk using one condom instead of two?

With either female condoms or regular condoms, the man is still technically covered at all times, so the biggest transmission worry would most likely have to be from one female to the other female, right?

It would seem the risk of transmission FROM the man can't increase because of a shared condom, because he is still covered and not exposing the women to fluids. Nor would it seem that his personal risk could be increased, because again... he is covered.

So I guess what I am still not sure about, and maybe someone has some information on this, is if a shared condom is really a greater risk for the women than from performing oral on each other?

Maybe it is, I don't know. That's honestly why I'm asking.

And don't get me wrong, I am only TOO HAPPY to switch condoms. I'll switch as many times as necessary, I have no problem with that at all, and I have in every case except one and in that case the two women were actually close friends outside the hobby and they worked together regularly, so I assumed they considered each other safe and I honestly couldn't think of how my risk could have been increased, as I would still be wearing a condom the whole time.

Anyway, this was over a year ago and I have since been checked, but it is something I have wondered about.

Any providers have any info or insights into this? And what are your main concerns in this area? Originally Posted by Biomech
Not switching the condom is like having unprotected sex for the female, you're safe she is not.