Push Polling - Is it a way to skew opinions?

• Netx9
  • 09-04-2014, 10:53 AM

A push poll is an interactive marketing technique, most commonly employed during political campaigning, in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of voters under the guise of conducting a poll.

In a push poll, large numbers of voters are contacted briefly (often less than 60 seconds), and little or no effort is made to collect and analyze response data. Instead, the push poll is a form of telemarketing-based propaganda and rumor mongering, masquerading as a poll. Push polls may rely on innuendo or knowledge gleaned from opposition research on an opponent.
In light of recent polls that offer only one-sided options, why not another one! What would motivate someone seeking information to not include contrary options in a poll? Sure, you can register your disagreement in a post, but why not include an option or two contrary to the outcome you hope to reach with such a skewed poll? Why only give numerical voice to those who agree? Feel free to comment for and against this trend of push polls. Kind of weird there would be a poll with a post that purports to help give people a voice by privately contacting proxies, but doesn't give a voice and vote publicly, anonymously to those who disagree.

Note: Polls on an anonymous Internet forum are entirely scientific and have a margin of error of +/- 69
I feel like im back in my stats class
I feel like im back in my stats class Originally Posted by MsPrittiKitti
I got an 'A' in my stats class so bring it on the stats. LOL
  • Netx9
  • 09-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Given the current sample size and distribution of responses thus far, I'd say it's accurate to within 3 standard deviations!! Here we come, 3 SIGMA!
Great point netx9!

In light of recent polls that offer only one-sided options, why not another one! What would motivate someone seeking information to not include contrary options in a poll? Sure, you can register your disagreement in a post, but why not include an option or two contrary to the outcome you hope to reach with such a skewed poll? Why only give numerical voice to those who agree? Feel free to comment for and against this trend of push polls. Kind of weird there would be a poll with a post that purports to help give people a voice by privately contacting proxies, but doesn't give a voice and vote publicly, anonymously to those who disagree.

Note: Polls on an anonymous Internet forum are entirely scientific and have a margin of error of +/- 69 Originally Posted by Netx9

GREAT THREAD!!!

You mean there could be a POLL that DIDN'T BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING? LOL... SHOCKING!! JUST SHOCKING!!

(space for DDSA to call me a nasty name...)

(space for Whispers to THREATEN ME WITH PHYSICAL HARM...)

(space for The Player to use his PBONICS...)

(Space for Las Vegas to make up more lies about Ember & I...)

Have a great day!! Everyone be careful driving in the rain!!

Your poll loving slave,

Guinevere

Note: Polls on an anonymous Internet forum are entirely scientific and have a margin of error of +/- 69 Originally Posted by Netx9
The "POLL" is part of a thread. Those that disagree with an option are welcome to voice their opinion. There are not a lot of people berating them for having one.

There ARE however more than a couple that berate those that agree with my questions as well as feel they CANNOT post anything for fear of reprisal.
GREAT THREAD!!!

You mean there could be a POLL that DIDN'T BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING? LOL... SHOCKING!! JUST SHOCKING!!

LOL... I had a GF that wanted her Hair Pulled and ass slapped and I could not bring myself to even do that. No one wants any harm to come to you Slave..... Just for you to quit turning other ladies live upside down because you view them as competition or they do not take your side on something.....

Your poll loving slave,

Guinevere
Originally Posted by Slave Guinevere

We need some rain here.

Ohh... yeah...... Clean up after your mutts.....
lies about you and ember? what lie or lies are you referring to? why do you keep trying to include ember? i am sure to your dismay... we've settled our situation! and dont understand why by standers LOVE to try and pull us in ... oh wait that because you cant stand for yourself..! thus trying to stake a claim on a situation YOU WERE NOT IN! and thus NEEDING doubles from younger providers... i think there needs to be a poll if hobbiest like skin that resembles saggy dress socks on ankles..."but its thin!" lol
GREAT THREAD!!!

Going to need a littler larger space than that. Nah, I can keep this short. My points were made and the point is out there. I was done as of yesterday. Karma is going to catch up with you here just any day, sit back and anticipate or not, it will change nothing. Plain and simple. However in your TYPICAL fashion, you just keep it going. So lets keep it going Slave. Let me level here with you. You openly associate with a man (imp, midget, little person) who is KING of attacking, calling people "nasty names", threatens to out people, and has had the most epic melt downs of any member I have ever seen in my hobby days (going way back with ASPD) and YOU want to cry over a few choice words I have had to say? YOU ARE PATHETIC. The tides have changed and you CANNOT control the damage you have done and are still doing anymore. You have a few hold outs, but everyone is WIDE AWAKE now. The PM's just keep rolling in thanking me for standing up to you. Personally I don't think you are "scary" I think you are a weak minded, insecure, sorry excuse for a human being. Why do I think this? YOUR OWN WORDS and ACTIONS.

RACIST MUCH?

Why would a person who NEVER gets involved in board drama suddenly swoop in now and "lie"??

Your poll loving slave,

Guinevere
Originally Posted by Slave Guinevere