Fat pussy?

Hahaha! Made ya look

I could use some advice from cat owners.

I have a very sweet kitty who loves to eat and does not exercise that much even though I make all kinds of toys available to him.

I feed him low calorie cat food but I just can not get him to slim down.

Is there anyone who can share their experiences with this and what worked for you?

TIA!!
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Purina indoor cat chow ... green sack

1 cup a day, be strict or have a fat cat
If you have just one cat, it should be fairly straightforward - get him/her some weight control cat food and only feed the recommended amount. If that doesn't work, your vet can actually write you a prescription for weight loss food that should work even better.

If you have multiple cats, it can be more problematic. You may have to get a feeding cage or put everyone on the weight control food if it comes to it.
Bring the kitty to my house and let my 100lb. Lab chase him around the back yard.....that'll slim him down.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM
called the Vet, he assured me all indoor cat food was not created equal recommended Purina Indoor Cat chow, and the amount fed ..works for my 10 year old neutered male... have a friend who has 3 (outdoor farm) cats, 2 are average weight, 1 was fat .. he ask me about what I feed, told him just like I said above. He put them all on Purina, 6 months later he has 3 average weight cats.

just sayin
??? Who knew that all these tough guys were cat experts.

Many of my cats were barn cats. They were large (typical 14-18 lbs) and there was little fat on them. Two things affect weight; exercise and calories. There are a number of diet foods for indoor cats. Some are very expensive and others are more reasonable. That is your choice and you can do an Internet seach or ask a good vet. Exercise can be a toy, a laser pointer (watch their eyes), another cat, or a small dog. I gave my mother another cat a few months ago and her older fat cat dropped a few pounds fighting (playing or fleeing) with the younger cat until they reached a truce. I use Purina indoor diet.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
??? Who knew that all these tough guys were cat experts. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

who knew you'd hijack the thread with some stupid shit comment ?
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 01:14 PM
pussy bump

don't expect any fast results either ... a1 or 2 pound reduction for a cat is like 20 30 to a human

not to mention it takes time to whip a pussy into shape
Thanks ya'll! I am going to try the Purina Indoor Cat food since I have 2 other cats and want to make it easy to maintain all of their diets on one food. I will just be feeding them so I can watch that they eat the amount I give them.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM
y'all?

snort~
Think the 100# lab diet is the fastest.
the cat might disagree.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 03:45 PM
How to wash a cat:
1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a ‘power-wash and rinse’.
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.
8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean

I happen to work at an animal hospital in my RL. Science Diet RD is a high fiber diet food that will help with the initial weightloss. Feed your kitty dry food only, not canned. Unless it has no teeth..... After your kitty has lost the desired weight you can then switch to Science Diet Light to maintain healthy weight. Be sure to follow portion instructions exactly. Even if your kitty is meowing for food. Feed once in am and once in pm. No free feeding.
Never hold a cat and a dust buster at the same time.