Question for BD

Ben, you probably know this:

Has there been any software developed that would neutralize the effects of photo filtering (when online or, if necessary, after download) in order to restore, completely, or at least replicate originality.

This, obviously, would assist in our efforts of "procurement".

And, would developers welcome this innovation?
ya thinks grampy d the ...master of the wrinkled bedsheet background ...coulds ever hopes ta answer such a ...question?

...lets yer all knowin ...plastic man ...saves ya some time

...the ...answer be no

...at leasts nots fer the jimmie ...public
BD would know better than I, my friend. But unfortunately, I think that PM is right. Ain't no such thing. Unless you have access to the original file, you can't go backwards. But I don't know everything, just like to act like I do. Maybe one a them Scavullo's out there will set us straight.

Thanks Guys
In a word no, Roo is right, without the original file there is no data to restore. Everytime an image is edited be it filters or an editing program the image retains the new data. AI is getting better and more user friendly and with it an image can be changed beyond recognition. It's getting so good you can start with nothing and make images that can't be detected as fakes. Photography as we know it will be gone in a few years.
In a word no, Roo is right, without the original file there is no data to restore. Everytime an image is edited be it filters or an editing program the image retains the new data. AI is getting better and more user friendly and with it an image can be changed beyond recognition. It's getting so good you can start with nothing and make images that can't be detected as fakes. Photography as we know it will be gone in a few years. Originally Posted by ben dover
so the girls can't tell he doctored his pic/'c till it ro late , he's ar the door ????
Thanks, bd.
Photography as we know it will be gone in a few years. Originally Posted by ben dover
"Photography as we know it" was gone once they started selling cameras with phones built in.

Today we're buying a camera that includes a phone!
"Photography as we know it" was gone once they started selling cameras with phones built in.

Today we're buying a camera that includes a phone! Originally Posted by IamVictoryasSecret
That is true and 99.9% of those images taken on a phone never get printed or looked at more than once or twice.
neither do wrinkled bed ...sheet ...pics!