Who's on First

I don't think I have ever watched this and not laughed. This is one of the greatest stand-up routines of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

The names given in the routine for the players at each position are:

First Base: Who
Second Base: What
Third Base: I Don't Know
Left field: Why
Center field: Because
Pitcher: Tomorrow
Catcher: Today
Shortstop: I Don't Give a Darn
Agreed...it holds up well. Just goes to show you can be funny and not spew profanity all around.
Lou really had to have his words down pat. He did the most talking and the fastest. I don't know how long they practiced that til they got it right without flubbing, but I'm sure it was a long time.
Ok Binks,
I'm blaming you for causing my mind to think about this skit as if it was a hobby m&g where folks don't use rw or board names. And not a word needs changed.
These two are in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of this bit.
Ok Binks,
I'm blaming you for causing my mind to think about this skit as if it was a hobby m&g where folks don't use rw or board names. And not a word needs changed. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
LOL
Who are you? Or should that be "Are you who?" I'm "Nobody" the right fielder.

I watch this at least once a year, partly because of the memories. I remember watching this for the 1st time with my father many moons ago, I didn't understand it and my father spit up his drink laughing. LOL My young son can't grasp it either, if it doesn't have anything to do with futuristic soldiers killing alien attackers, he's not interested.
These two are in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of this bit. Originally Posted by Bushjumper
They deserve it. Abbott did this with another comedian before teaming up with Costello to perfect it.
These two will always be two of the greatest classic comedians IMHO. Also, check out the 7 into 28 bit for even more laughs. I was rolling the first time I saw that one.
This never gets old. Funny every time.