It's good to be the king...

A State Department dinner presentation.

When the stock market crashed to 6,900 under Bush just about wiping out everyone's 401K plan Bush had the same dinner.
They are serving Vanilla Ice? Are we resorting to cannibalism now?

And he is from Texas, not Pennsylvania.
Big Louie=big bull shitter
Call it a bump or call it caving in Louie's ass, Big Louie likes to lie. The only time the stock market went below 6,900 is on Obama's watch (March, 2009). Under Bush the Dow went to 7,200 after 9/11 and that was the worst that it got under Bush. As to the state dinner that Bush had for the Prime Minister of India in November of 2009. Musical entertainment was provided by Jennifer Hudson, Marvin Hamlisch, and Kurt Elling plus the United States Marine Corps Band.

The menu included;
Potato and Egg Plant Salad
Red Lentil Soup with cheese
Roasted Potato Dumplings with Chutney
Chick Peas and Okra
Green Curry Prawns
Pumpkin Pie Tarts
Pear Tatin
Cashew Brittle
Chocolate Dipped Fruit

Sounds so much different in those bygone days before the Imperial dinners that we have now.
Thats right. After only 2 months in, Obama drove the DOW index to that low level. Yet somehow, the high level that its at now is not due to Obama.
  • CJ7
  • 02-17-2014, 02:36 PM
this president or any other president isn't responsible for the market ... PERIOD.
JDIdiot would have you believe it though.
this president or any other president isn't responsible for the market ... PERIOD. Originally Posted by CJ7
Did you send BigLouie that memo CJ7? Seems he missed it entirely.
this president or any other president isn't responsible for the market ... PERIOD. Originally Posted by CJ7

I'm going to have that done up in needlepoint.
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm going to have that done up in needlepoint. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Did you learn to needlepoint in the Navy?

Then again, CJ must have been paying attention to my other posts about Soros dumping his stocks. Get ready for a ride!!!
JDIdiot would have you believe it though. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
No, as I read it, JDB would have you think Democratic Presidents are not responsible for market highs, period. Republican Presidents are not responsible for market lows, period. Democratic Presidents are responsible for market lows and Republican Presidents are responsible for market highs of course.

Oh, and it is OK for Republican Presidents to have lavish and ostentatious state dinners, but not OK for Democratic Presidents to do much the same. Vacations, golf, skeet shooting, etc... are similar. Democratic Presidents should dress their families in sack cloth and ashes and eat Tuna and Hamburger Helper for all meals.

That about sum it up JDB?

JDB - "Get ready for a ride!!!"

"Buffett quiet in Q1, while Soros dumps gold as Paulson, Cohen, Simons buy.

In a roller-coasting first quarter, a look at the portfolios of George Soros, John Paulson, Carl Icahn, Steve Cohen, Jim Simons, David Tepper, and Warren Buffett shows that gold was a big investment theme, along with banks, tech, and energy."

Which one is it JDB? Gold, stocks, bonds, banks, tech, energy? Buy it, sell it, dump it, buy futures? Is it a shell game???? What's going to blow first? Quick, quick, don't want to be left holding the bag, man!
Then again, CJ must have been paying attention to my other posts about Soros dumping his stocks. Get ready for a ride!!! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
If you have any of his stocks I would urge you unload before he does. That is capitalism at work.
Lord Beaver you should do some reading before making your pronouncements about me. You have obviously haven't read enough about what I think because you've gotten so much wrong.