Spam?

I received a few messages, nice so far, from my contacts about getting spam from me. Last night I unplugged my modem and made sure the computer was off, but it still went out.
So any tips on how to get it off of my computer or if since the latest one happened when I was still in bed and I am sure I was not connected to the internet do I have bigger problems??
  • Mokoa
  • 02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
It appears that your computer has been stricken with some malicious code.

The following are all good free tools for keeping the computer clean and free of malicious code as well as other nasty stuff.

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Revo Uninstaller

Avast! Antivirus

Zone Alarm Firewall
I received a few messages, nice so far, from my contacts about getting spam from me. Last night I unplugged my modem and made sure the computer was off, but it still went out.
So any tips on how to get it off of my computer or if since the latest one happened when I was still in bed and I am sure I was not connected to the internet do I have bigger problems?? Originally Posted by FishGuy13
Um.. if you had your pc off, modem turned off.. and they still got it, I am going to guess your email is @yahoo.com?

Reason I say this is that a few friends of mine have their yahoo accounts infected and they spew spam.

Tell yahoo
Um.. if you had your pc off, modem turned off.. and they still got it, I am going to guess your email is @yahoo.com?

Reason I say this is that a few friends of mine have their yahoo accounts infected and they spew spam.

Tell yahoo Originally Posted by Spirit13
Yes it was from my yahoo account not the others I ran Microsoft Security Essentials several times updatae restart run again and changed my yahoo password. Is that enough, I am not sure if or how to tell yahoo or if I did already.