So much truth about SVB from Senator John Kennedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmNEYX5p14

Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana laid it out today. The bi-partisan changes made to Dodd-Frank did not let SVB off the hook. They were still subject to regulation and inspection including a "stress test". The Federal Reserve had issued a warning four years ago about poor management and decisions. The Federal Reserve in the last two years could have tested them and given them valuable oversight but failed to do so. Even five months ago, the actions of participants warned the Fed that something was in the works.

So watch the video. It's only 15 minutes and Kennedy sounds like a cartoon character but you can't argue (of course democrats will) witht the truth of what he says.
If more members of Congress were like Kennedy this Country wouldn't have nearly the problems it has now.
There is an issue with the reports that the Fed made about SVC.
Idk who has responisibilty of acting on their reports about the bank.
The Fed is supposed to act independently but it's leadership is chosen by the president.
So, under Trump, the Fed saw a problem, published a report that was handed over to Janet Yellen (Biden's Fed chair) who did NOTHING.

Is that what you were trying to say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmNEYX5p14

Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana laid it out today. The bi-partisan changes made to Dodd-Frank did not let SVB off the hook. They were still subject to regulation and inspection including a "stress test". The Federal Reserve had issued a warning four years ago about poor management and decisions. The Federal Reserve in the last two years could have tested them and given them valuable oversight but failed to do so. Even five months ago, the actions of participants warned the Fed that something was in the works.

So watch the video. It's only 15 minutes and Kennedy sounds like a cartoon character but you can't argue (of course democrats will) witht the truth of what he says. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
he's a modern day version of leghorn foghorn.
  • Tiny
  • 03-23-2023, 09:24 PM
Good video Barleycorn, thanks for posting the link.

The first part about Biden’s budget is a lot more worrisome to me than the second part, about the SVB failure. While the Fed was asleep at the wheel when inflation kicked off, the Fed, the FDIC and the Treasury Department have done a pretty good job over the last two weeks of managing the current crisis IMHO.

I read an article in Business Week today that said exactly what Kennedy said. Banks were being stress tested for credit risk, not interest rate risk. So the changes to Dodd Frank wouldn’t have prevented the SVB failure.
he's a modern day version of leghorn foghorn. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
got it backwards.

foghorn leghorn. dat Hanna Barbera Rooster!
Don't know that one Dil.
But I ain't doubthing the caracture (sp).
I was thinking more along the lines of Tiny Attorney from the Venture Bros.
fyi there was a senator in the 1940s - 1950s who liked talk in a folksy way similar to what sen. Kennedy is doing. he was nicked named foghorn leghorn which is where the HB rooster came from.
Just for your information.

fyi there was a senator in the 1940s - 1950s who liked talk in a folksy way similar to what sen. Kennedy is doing. he was nicked named foghorn leghorn which is where the HB rooster came from. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

This one? I posted it here when Lex Luthor was still around.

Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen Dies

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...207%2C%201969.

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
When I was a kid, my mom named the cat after Dirksen.
LBJ also called out Dirksen by name for getting the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed with a higher percentage of GOP votes than democrats.
LA, AR, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, all members of former confederate states voted "nay" in senate and house.
TX, NM, AZ, WY, IA, WV, and NH split their votes.

Percentages don't mean shit.

32 states (all in the north) voted complete "yea" votes.

Every single law maker from those 9 states mentioned above VOTED AGAINST the civil rights bill. 9 of the 11 of the original traitorous states voted (all senators and house members of those states) against the civil rights legislation.

No matter how you try to twist it, southerners (almost all) were against the 1964 bill.

Like a guy from MO would tell the truth.

LBJ would hand out "atta boy"s to the opposite party.

Trump would lick putin's balls before thanking dems for help.
That's why trump is a POS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_...64#Vote_totals
When I was a kid, my mom named the cat after Dirksen.
LBJ also called out Dirksen by name for getting the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed with a higher percentage of GOP votes than democrats. Originally Posted by the_real_Ba members rleycorn