Plagued by pop up

I am now getting a popup from adult search every time I change a screen- what can i do to get rid of it?
Yeah it is pretty annoying when the SO walks in and I go to change screens and Adult search is the new window.
  • Trey
  • 11-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Mojo that link goes to another link you posted that leads to no real answer can you just tell us if we just have to deal with it (site is being paid) or if its something the site will fix (the pop up is malicious) either is fine but something other then a link.
Trey check it again. This question comes to this forum all the time and i redirect it to the same section each time. Its a site wide issue not local so the best place is the tech forum in the front page.

So in short as far as we local mod's can tell you there is nothing we here on the local level can do or tell you to stop it.
The problem solved itself next time I opened Eccie
It's still doing it to me and it sucks.
  • ivan
  • 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
This problem is absolutely ANNOYING and it doesn't go away. I guess is about clicks and $$$ ?
The Mods simply aren't tech savvy enough to fix it .LOL
  • ivan
  • 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
And the problem PERSISTS and add COUNT keeps going up. VERY anoying
If it can't be fixed at the local level, the issue should be escalated.
I use chrome and doesnt happen on it
Again folks here is the link where you guys can voice your opinions and concerns

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=537005

As I've stated before this is a feature we local mods don't have control over.
Maybe I'm a little slow, but that link takes me to another thread called "Eros Guide popup", talking about a similar situation that was going on last August / September.

Seems either the site been hijacked or it's happening with mod's approval.
Here is another thread in the technical forum which address the problem as well:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=576370

I'll be blunt man, in this forum there's nothing we can do about it. That's a software/programmer issue which is why it's probably best you start a thread in the tech or member feedback forum.