so i have another question for everyone>?

i recently have been thinking about this and i dont know if its been brought up before.. but what about a health and fitness discussion. ive been wanting to lose weight for awhile and i have lost 70 pounds but of course after awhile ill get bored with a diet or exercising. i want to know what i can do to keep on track or what worked for you. im open to any ideas....
After my injury, I was instructed to do exercises, INCLUDING walking at least 3 miles a day. Try walking when it's 100 degree heat index! I ended up putting my exercise bench and treadmill in front of the TV. I can watch TV... NOT GET BORED... and go through the daily exercise routine while watching dirty movies on Cinemax!

But to be serious, boredom during exercise causes a lot of us to simply "stop." Find something to entertain your mind while exercising and the routine isn't bad.
The main thing without a strict regiment is to stay active and watch your portion size. Ive had good results just with normal activity and smaller portions of food during meals.
well its like ive been through the watch what u eat ive done it and then 4 months later ive lost weight im happy and then i get bored and go back to what i was doing before and the excersise thing im thinking about gettting an elliptical it takes up less space and i can put it in my back room
After my injury, I was instructed to do exercises, INCLUDING walking at least 3 miles a day. Try walking when it's 100 degree heat index! Originally Posted by Slingerland
I like it hot. It takes a lot more effort to keep going... That's why I do it in my garage! I know when I'm drenched in sweat, that I've made serious progress. I bring my Beats out and just lose myself in the music. And I try not to look at the clock...it makes time seem to go by more slowly.

Doing it at the same time every day is what keeps me on track.
well i dont have a garage i only have a small 2 bedroom house
I had a vertical sleeve gasectromy (known as the sleeve) back in December. I've lost nearly 100 pounds and feel great. Its the best decision I've ever made. I can only eat portions the size that a child would. They also remove the part of your stomach that makes the hormone that makes you hungry. I recommend this forum: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/

BTW I had mine done in Mexico for $9000. Insurance wouldn't cover mine.
Cut out carbs and sugars from the diet. Incorporate at least a multi vitamin in and a massive 5000mg B12.

As for working out do what you feel comfortable with at a reasonable level of exertion and work up from there.

I could say do as I do but my workout regimen would kill anyone not use to it. Plus not many people are willing to put in an hour and a half on cardio in the am and an hour and a half on the weights in the pm 7 days a week and run 4 to 6 miles a day at lunch 5 days a week either.

The key is finding something you can do and at a reasonable pace for you and then push your limits on it after a few weeks. If you can only walk a mile do so for a few weeks solid and try for a mile and a half. It will suck but after a while you will find yourself with more energy and upon seeing results take shape in your body I am positive you will be happy with that.

I could say do as I do but my workout regimen would kill anyone not use to it. Plus not many people are willing to put in an hour and a half on cardio in the am and an hour and a half on the weights in the pm 7 days a week and run 4 to 6 miles a day at lunch 5 days a week either.
Originally Posted by bladtinzu
Oh really? Do you do this regime in the snow wearing 100lbs of sand on your back?

Look, I'm not shit now, but "in my day" I was a competitive bodybuilder and made extra money as a personal trainer. If you did the program you describe above, then you'd have a god-like body. I say you're full of shit. Prove me wrong and post a body shot of yourself holding a piece of paper referencing this thread. I doubt we'll see anything. If you do post the pics, I apologize in advance. But like I said, you won't post anything. It never ceases to amaze me how many people flex their internet muscles.
Oh really? Do you do this regime in the snow wearing 100lbs of sand on your back?

Look, I'm not shit now, but "in my day" I was a competitive bodybuilder and made extra money as a personal trainer. If you did the program you describe above, then you'd have a god-like body. I say you're full of shit. Prove me wrong and post a body shot of yourself holding a piece of paper referencing this thread. I doubt we'll see anything. If you do post the pics, I apologize in advance. But like I said, you won't post anything. It never ceases to amaze me how many people flex their internet muscles. Originally Posted by lesnar
How far back was your day?
Seems funny your calling someone out for flexing their intardnet muscles and yet at the same time flexing your intardnet muscles. ijs

My youngest son and I workout daily at the gym and I am also doing P90x and am on a pescetarian diet. I am down from 228 to 188 lbs in the last four months.
Losing weight is about choices, just like most things in this life, and unfortunately many just choose to let themselves go. I applaud anyone who takes charge of their lives.
+1, Das Flicker.

I've been hitting it hard daily for the past 3 weeks and I'm now up to 45 minutes on the stairmaster (maximum level, in my hot garage.)

Next week, I'll up it to 1 hour. Back when I was routinely working out every day, I did 1 hour of the stairmaster on high and 1 hour of treadmill on 4.8-5 (light jog.)

And I still chose to walk everywhere I could, instead of drive. I think I might just use sex as supplemental exercise now, instead of walking.

Hey Lesnar, want me to post a picture?
I don't know about Lesnar, but I wouldn't object!

Remember, I'm originally from Missouri, so Show Me!

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
I don't know about Lesnar, but I wouldn't object!

Remember, I'm originally from Missouri, so Show Me!

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1 Originally Posted by biomed1
Lol... Ohhhhkay.

Does this Razorback make my butt look big?
Attached Images File Type: jpg image.jpg (132.5 KB, 418 views)
  • MrGiz
  • 06-20-2013, 10:53 PM
More , More , More. . . . Is Never Enough!
Thanks, Giz! I've got your second helping right here.