Do not txt or call me..

My phone was Stolen last night, so please Do NOT TXT OR CALL. I did have a lock on it so hopefully its not being opened & i have nothing saved.

Question though since i have nothing saved can they still take sim card & put in a different phone to see messages? Will the txt msgs pop up on new device?

Unsure of an answer to your questions, hope you get your phone back, or resolved.
I believe so, the messages will eventually start coming inn .. Hope for the best outcome
Call the carrier you had the phone with, ask them to erase the phone if possible. You might even be able to transfer the number to a new phone and that other phone can be locked.
They can also answer any questions regarding information on the chip and if any information is stored in the phones memory.
  • Sia
  • 02-09-2017, 02:09 PM
I don't think that if they insert the sim card into another phone that it'll show your info because all your info is stored into your phone.
Thanks, i called tmobile & cancelled it, now i just need to purchase a cheapy & get a new sim card. Im just hoping they didnt figure my screen pw to unlock it. But Thanks i was panicking for my privacy & as well as others discretion. I didnt store #s in that phone so that im thankful for.
Thanks for the pms it eased my mind.

Thank you
Lex
If you want to keep your old number they should be able to transfer it to another SIM card and deactivate the old one.

My phone was Stolen last night, so please Do NOT TXT OR CALL. I did have a lock on it so hopefully its not being opened & i have nothing saved.

Question though since i have nothing saved can they still take sim card & put in a different phone to see messages? Will the txt msgs pop up on new device?

Originally Posted by Secret Encounters
All depends on your settings and type of phone. I know with verizon, text messages are saved regardless if you delete them from the phone. I have changed phone twice and once I set up the new one all the old msgs show back up and end up deleting them all again. BUT that is only if you send your text through your carriers text app, which they install on the phone. The phone itself has it's own text app that is normally "default" before the carriers install theirs, but in initial set up, you can select which one you want to use (at least with Android).

Now if you for some strange reason, chose to use the text app that came on the phone itself, then all your messages would be on the phone itself.
Thank you i feel much better knowing, im far frm tech savvy. Lol just give me a phone w/ email, internet & decent cam & im good.

Thanks again Blkntats ❤
On your new phone, download a remote lock/wipe ap. ( Most android Tmobile phones are already nested with Lookout but you have to enable it.) In the event of a lost or stolen device, you can log on to the ap via your email account and remotely wipe the contents from the device. It"s possible you may have this feature already activated. Your Tmobile reps should be able to help you in store.
New number 2106247270
New number 2106247270 Originally Posted by Secret Encounters
If you happen to have an Android, I suggest you encrypt your SD card, that way if phone stolen, it only works with the phone or a password when they try to move it to a laptop reader.