Card Declined at Pre-Auth SC

• thx
  • 09-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Was trying to renew, and received "Card Declined at Pre-Auth SC".
It is a gift card so maybe CCBill doesn't like those transactions?
If so, and you have specific limitations, please give more meaningful error messages.

Or, is it an issue that I should try again in a few days?

Or.. you really need someone's personal ccard with personal address, etc?

Thanks
Have you checked the balance on the card? Could it be possible you used the card for some other transactions and had forgotten about them thus leaving you with less money on the card than you imagined?
  • thx
  • 09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Plenty of balance. I suspect that there may be an AVS issue or that CCBill doesn't like certain cards. I was hoping for some guidance but none so far. I will give it a few more shots tonight.
  • thx
  • 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM
No dice. 3 different cards, same result. I might have to try alternate methods.
Or... perhaps, the owners would prefer to have a review instead of $
Should be a toll free number on the back or something....
Three things come to mind...

#1. Not all Prepaid gift cards are good at all places. There are limitations as I have found; especially Prepaid AMEX gift cards.

#2. If you have used the gift card to purchase gas, a lot of stations are pre-authorizing up to $100 before you complete the transaction. In the end, the final amount is billed, but it could take 24 hours before the remainder is credited back to your card; thus for a period of time, you have less on the card than you should.

#3. If you are nearing the expiration on the gift card, anywhere from 15 to 30 days, many online transactions will not go through. It's some kind of safety mechanism that I don't fully understand. I've been burnt with this and had to make in-store transactions because the online one would get declined for the same amount and product.

Hope this helps...
Here's another thing....if you've used it before for this stuff, then you don't need to know this, but for those who've just purchased a gift card Visa for example, most will ask you to REGISTER IT first before you can use it for online purchases. So sure it works at the local grocery store, but if you haven't registered it for online purchases, it won't work.

Have you done that already ??

Btw, you need to EMPTY your sent messages and confirmations to make room for more incoming PMs (that is...if you don't want to delete your inbox).
Your box is full and no more messages are allowed in until you make room for more.
  • thx
  • 10-02-2011, 09:54 PM
surprise... NOT. Discover and a normal visa credit card didn't work either.
Cards are fine. The auth failure is at ccbill.
Then you should first register it online. That helps my transactions to go more smoothly.

Was trying to renew, and received "Card Declined at Pre-Auth SC".
It is a gift card so maybe CCBill doesn't like those transactions?
If so, and you have specific limitations, please give more meaningful error messages.

Or, is it an issue that I should try again in a few days?

Or.. you really need someone's personal ccard with personal address, etc?

Thanks Originally Posted by thx
  • thx
  • 10-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Just tried it again. A true visa credit card. Totally different. Still the same error. How do I contact someone that would care to take my money so that I can get renewed? Thanks
Some card companies block charges from certain companies and sites. Call your card company.
  • thx
  • 10-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Since I pretty much went thru all the cards that I have, and there are no alternate payment methods listed, then I will need to contact the admins.
Contact websupport@eccie.net via email. I have no idea nor have heard any other complaints like this with a regular or debit MC/Visa
This is not the first time I have heard of issues with ccbill. I have heard terrible reviews of ccbill. anyone can Google it. Why does ECCIE still continue to use ccbill. I have seen on this website and google that there have been many issues. That is the only reason why I have not paid for premium access...
CCBill is one of the very few processors that will still deal with our type of business.