Driver License

I am new. I have no provider references....yet! Got one booked though! WHEW! Going to tell her thank you, no doubt!
I've learned that providers ask for employment reference which is fine. I understand the whole concept of the providers needing/wanting SOME sort of reference as to whether the person they are considering dealing with is actually who they say they are. Got that. BUT........Remember, I'm new....I've come across a provider who asked me for my driver license info. Now, I'm a good person, and/but sometimes overly trusting. That said, I gave her my DL info. Question: What is the purpose of asking for the DL info? Anyone can answer, but prefer provider or long time hobbiests. Now, she has apparently been doing this awhile. She AND her reviews appear real and respectful. For her privacy/safety, I will NOT devuldge her screenname, but she is NOT young, and I'm QUITE sure she isn't going to do anything wrong with the info, it's just that she kinda surprised me wanting that info. Is this normal from providers? Semi-normal? Or only under extenuating circumstances? Should I be concerned?
If she has been around long enough and does something bad, YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT IT...there are NO secrets on this board.
The moderators investiage all things and watch out for everyone.
You are in good hands around here...
Y'all look at the "newbie getting mixed signals" post. VERY revealing about "the DL bandit"!!
If she has been around long enough and does something bad, YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT IT...there are NO secrets on this board.
The moderators investiage all things and watch out for everyone.
You are in good hands around here... Originally Posted by Anita Lay
There is a popular misconception that ECCIE staff is the hobby police. That is not so. We do all that we can to follow up on reported misbehavior of board members, but our time, facilities, and authority is limited. Staff is volunteer with real lives and real jobs. Most of us spend some time here each day, but we also have other resposibilities.

When we discover violations of Guidelines we can limit board activities of the offender up to banning, but no more than that.

There are many secrets around. Some we discover, some not.

Your first line of defense in the hobby as anywhere else in life, is your self. Use your head. Always be cautious. Ask questions. Staff will provide all the help that we can.

Torito

BTW Anita, your vote of confidence is appreciated.

edit: We appreciate the assistance we get from members. It comes in the form of reported problems and assistance when we request help on a specific issue.
there are NO secrets on this board. Originally Posted by Anita Lay
I have a secret, come here little girl and I'll whisper it in your ear.
I would be very careful with volunteering personal information (especially employment and driver's license info/numbers)........you can take it to the bank that the provider is NOT giving you her real name and other personal information...I don't recommend you providing your identifiying information just so the provider can have her comfort level with you....
ur welcome Torito...
I mean when it comes to being a provider there are no secrets when you do incalls and they see You.. There are no secrets when someone does something bad and gossip flows like a river. Gossip is not always correct and the bored ppl really jump on the wagon to get some drama going. I Rather have sex ...
There are secrets to real life and thats understood.
Drivers license info is SECRET unless you getting pulled over by the po po. Thats why its called a drivers license.. I rather screen with a name if phone number or just call his work number with his approval. yep...

Sugar daddy, you can't whisper something in my ear..... that would be a secret.
hmmmm ... OK