best burger in SA

I am invading the Alamo City next week for the Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax at ATT center....

I plan on a nice fat burger before the show and if possible a great BBBJCIM and want to know what the locals like to chow on....

Thanks,

sixx
  • Mokoa
  • 09-18-2010, 11:46 PM
There are several.

In no particular order of preference...

• Chester's - They have multiple locations in town.
  • Fuddrucker's - They also have multiple locations in town.
  • Bunsen Burgers - They are on Walzem east of IH 35.
  • Cheesy Jane's - They are on Broadway a few miles south of Loop 410
  • Red Robin - They have multiple locations, including one in the Forum just south of Schertz on your way into SA.
  • Biff Buzby's - Located in Live Oak. Take the Tupperwine exit, they are on the northbound side of IH 35.

Hope you have a pleasant stay.
Sams burger joint - downtown
Chris Madrids -blanco
Fatty burgers naco n oconner

Just had a thought.....a sensuous BBBJCIM while munching on a Fat Juicy Burger from any of the above mentioned burger joints.

Smashburger 1604/Bandera Rd
Chesters IH 10/near Wuarzbach
Bobby J's Bander Rd in Helotes
Chris Madrids near downtown
Gormet Burger IH10/Huebner
5 Guys Broadway, and 151 outside 410
New Berlin Cafe in New Berlin just East of SA
  • DaMan
  • 09-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Best places: Chris Madrid's and Timbo's. Some other good places: Big'z and Gourmet Burger Grill.
I'm gonna second Timbo's.
Theres only one I consider the best. All of the aforementioned are good but not great. Good luck if you're able to find it!!!

The Lord's Kitchen
118 Seguin St, San Antonio, TX 78208
I vote for Chris Madrids
I used to like Hipps but that was many years ago.
  • Muse
  • 09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I've tried most listed here but none top ...

Five Guys Burger and Fries

www.fiveguys.com

Westpointe Center
8603 State Hwy 151, Unit 208
San Antonio, TX 78245
Tel: 210-543-2700

I second THE LORD'S KITCHEN. It's under the New Braunfels Street overpass, at I-35.
Personally I think Chris Madrid's is hopelessly overrated. My favorite is Brenda's Burgers on Southwest Military. I also like De Wese's Tip Top Cafe on Fredricksburg Road and Sam's Burger Joint.

Bon appetit!
I 3rd.... The Lord's Kitchen its close to the A T & T Center and its the best in the city. My other recommendation would be Fatty's on East Commerce Between Hackberry St. & Pine St. also close to the A T & T Center
The Lords Kitchen is hands down the best no question. Those who disagree haven't been there. Bobby J's up by 1604 and Bandera is also very very good. All the rest are just merely okay or worse yet Chain Burgers (ie franchises)
I agree about The Lords Kitchen. I also like TJ's Burgers on New Laredo Hwy.