Liberals and conservatives....

The Culture war from the 60's. Hippies in office, or Berkley get's it's chance to rule.
I tend to land on the William Harbour end of conservatism which is very close to Goldwater:

Humans are flawed and prone to mistakes.

Whatever they touch will in turn reflect that flaw.

Avoid excessive tinkering; the more times you touch it, the more chance you have at breaking what was not broken.
Where was the old test to graph where you fell on the political spectrum? Originally Posted by WTF
The one that produced that graph is at: http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html
one version of the questionaire http://www.politicalcompass.org/test Originally Posted by discreetgent
Hmmmm. . .what says more about my political tendencies, my rating on this test:

Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.79

Or the fact that I read these questions as very much flawed in their stated purpose?

Meanwhile, PJ's seemed dead on:

If you fail to control yourself, you invite others to control you.
Meanwhile, PJ's seemed dead on:

Originally Posted by ANONONE
Actually, I was a notch to the right. I responded "maybe" to the question "There should be no National ID card. " I was thinking of the problem with illegal aliens.
Attached Images File Type: png draw.php.png (25.7 KB, 63 views)
Actually, I was a notch to the right. I responded "maybe" to the question "There should be no National ID card. " I was thinking of the problem with illegal aliens. Originally Posted by pjorourke
I hovered on that one as well.
Actually, I was a notch to the right. I responded "maybe" to the question "There should be no National ID card. " I was thinking of the problem with illegal aliens. Originally Posted by pjorourke
It's only one step from passport to national ID. These days, to cross borders you need passports anyway.
I've never been able to pick a side. How the heck do you choose?? With your wallet/bank account?? I don't know. Politics in general confuses the hell out of me...I never understand what they are saying. I guess I will go with the side that can directly answer the questions...lol.
I guess I will go with the side that can directly answer the questions...lol. Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
Let us know if you ever find a politician that does that.
I've never been able to pick a side. How the heck do you choose?? With your wallet/bank account?? I don't know. Politics in general confuses the hell out of me...I never understand what they are saying. I guess I will go with the side that can directly answer the questions...lol. Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
Good luck. Politicians obfuscate.
DG's test is more multi-dimensional. On that one, I come out about where Milton Friedman is. But candidly, if I answered the questions tomorrow, I might shift a square or two in any direction.
Attached Images File Type: png pcgraphpng.php.png (2.7 KB, 62 views)
Let us know if you ever find a politician that does that. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Duh, that was my point
  • WTF
  • 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Duh, that was my point Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
What are you, an apprentice smart-ass?