Movies and Gun Safety: How it should be done.

If only the Rust film crew had this guy as their gun-guy1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnOUrRTf6jg

If you are a total anti-gun person (and I respect that) skip the first 20-%30% of this videao as they get into the gunsmith level guts of rendering a gun able to shoot blanks only. he rest of the video they talk about what it takes to be gun-safe on a movie set.
  • BLM69
  • 11-07-2021, 03:09 PM
That accident shouldn't have happened, I'm no gun expert but do have common sense, have one or two people be responsible for all firearms on the set and check the rounds before the actors touch the weapon if it was out of sight for any amount of time.
Guns are a tricky subject.

I am pro gun, not for the reasons everyone thinks. I personally do not own a gun and never have.

My personal opinion is if we outlaw guns in the United States, this will provide a new revenue source for cartels.

Manufacturing guns is not that difficult, all it takes are dies and some assembly knowledge.
  • BLM69
  • 11-07-2021, 07:42 PM
Only problem is that all the bad guys have guns, even if they were outlawed, the bad guys will still get them and use them against innocent people, it's time to blame individuals and hold them accountable, instead of blaming the manufacturer, the retailer. Next people will want to ban hammers, shovels, bats when used in crimes
Guns are a tricky subject.

Manufacturing guns is not that difficult, all it takes are dies and some assembly knowledge. Originally Posted by Fizley

A simple s 12 Guage shot gun csn be put together from stuff bought st Home Depot.

During the worst of "The Troublrs" in Ireland, members of the IRA were able to make crude but effective sub machine guns in garage workshops.

today a more sophisticated gun can be done with unregulated parts and a 3D printer. Ehile the equipment can be regulated or confiscated, do a web search using terms like "Bolt Together Lower" and see what folks have done with out machining.

OK: Thats all out there. Now please back to the OP and the topic of this thread.
That accident shouldn't have happened, I'm no gun expert but do have common sense, have one or two people be responsible for all firearms on the set and check the rounds before the actors touch the weapon if it was out of sight for any amount of time. Originally Posted by BLM69
And that IS the point of this thread. This accident should never have happened.

From the point of view of folks not failure with gun handling, the responsibility rests on the support staff . . .and indeed it does.

However, from the view point of anybody who has ever had hunter safety instruction or gone through a concealed carry class, the ultimate burden of responsibility rests heavily on the shooter.

A major rule of safe gun handling where ever it is presented is that when handed a firearm, that person now holding the gun must check to see if it is loaded . . .every time.

And that IS the point of this thread. This accident should never have happened.

From the point of view of folks not failure with gun handling, the responsibility rests on the support staff . . .and indeed it does.

However, from the view point of anybody who has ever had hunter safety instruction or gone through a concealed carry class, the ultimate burden of responsibility rests heavily on the shooter.

A major rule of safe gun handling where ever it is presented is that when handed a firearm, that person now holding the gun must check to see if it is loaded . . .every time.

Originally Posted by ICU 812
and if, loaded with what