The Sport of . . . uh . . . A-holes

Thank god, thank god, THANK GOD!!!!

The Formula One season is finally upon us.

I don't know if anybody else here follows this stuff, but I think it's the best show going.

You got a group of people who's wallets are exceeded only by their egos shovin' cars around a track at stupid speeds while their super-model girlfriends hang out in the pits where the cameras can get great shots of them.

To make it even better just about everybody involved is a total ass. Bitch fests spring up on a minute-by-minute basis. If you think MLB and NFL have drama queens come see what guys like Lewis Hamilton and Flavio Briatore can do for ya.

Blatant cheating is also rampant. One team actually ordered one of their drivers to purposefully crash a couple seasons ago to bring out a yellow and let their other driver pit. Penalties and fines run $100M and up.

It's got everything you could want in an HBO series and it's all shot live.

Check it out if you haven't seen it. The "grid girls" that line the track before the start of each race are worth the price of admission alone. The Australian Grand Prix is this Sunday.

FORZA FERRARI ! ! ! ! !

Cheers,
Mazo.
I used to LOVE Formula 1 when Senna was around. That man could have you hanging on the damn edge of your seat feeling like your pants were on fire because of the risks he took. He was bold as hell. Probably too bold. Hated, hated HATED Mansell. Quite liked Schumacher (and had the pleasure of meeting him once away from F-1...top guy!)...but I'm not as big on the new breed of Brits (Button and Hamilton).
I wouldn't mind taking a few lessons from the Stig though. That would be a right laugh!

C x
I love the stuff!! Can't wait. The only kind of auto racing that I can stand.
Mazo and TTH :

1) Which is your fave GP?
2) Who do you currently enjoy watching the most?
3) ATF F1 driver?

I've never made it to the British GP at Silverstone. The thought of wearing wellies at an F1 event just doesn't appeal to me (even though wellies are much more hip these days)..it's the GP, not Glastonbury lol.
C x
whatever happened to the demolition derby? now you're talking
I love all racing but F1 has sooooo much money in it that it troubles me.

Plus the damn races come on at 2:00am on Speed and I hate a taped version.

I am living with Indy Car as my substitute for now.
I am living with Indy Car Originally Posted by catnipdipper
Doesn't that get rather noisy in the Living Room?
1) Which is your fave GP? Originally Posted by Camille
Belgium. I'd pay anyone anything to rocket up Eau Rouge just once.

Been to Melbourne, Indy, Phoenix, Detroit, Imola, Montreal, and Monza. Spa is still the one that sets the spine tingling.

I really, really hope that the guys in Austin pull it off. They're promising a top shelf track. It'll be a great time down there if they actually manage it.

2) Who do you currently enjoy watching the most?
a) I love watching Bernie Ecclestone squirm,
b) anyone in a Ferrari. I'm a total scuderia slut, and
c) anyone who runs Hamilton into a trap.

3) ATF F1 driver?
Don't know if I've got an ATF. Really liked to watch Schumi for the pure technical skill. Loved to watch Senna accelerate when all others hit the brakes. Never missed waiting to see which of Kimi's eight different personalities showed up to the track on Sunday.

Right now I got it all behind Massa. Anybody who can take a suspension part to the head at 160MPH and come back to drive has got my support.

Cheers!
Don't know if I've got an ATF. Really liked to watch Schumi for the pure technical skill. Loved to watch Senna accelerate when all others hit the brakes! Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
Amen! That's why my dad loved Schum too...he thought he was beyond gifted technically. Senna was brilliant. He always used to drive like it would be the last race he would he would be in. I miss him.
I'm not sure Hamilton has gone through puberty yet. He just looks and seems so boyish. F1 is a man's, not a boy's, game.

C xxx
Not only was Schumacher a great driver, but they say his greatest skill was the ability to communicate what the car was doing to the engineers so that they could improve it even further.
F1 on D&T? Be still my beating heart.

Aussie GP was too early/late for me. Glad no one spoiled the results.

I always wished Coultard had been better but in the era of Schumie he got stuffed down. In interviews he seemed like a nice guy.

So, um, Camille, under what circumstances did you meet MS? Civie or Pro? Or was he driving a taxi to the airport?
Civvie!!!

We happened to be in the same place at the same time when someone had an accident. We stayed with the person until help arrived. He was absolutely fantastic at keeping the person calm and getting information to give to the paramedics if necessary. I was doing the first aid bit
It was early evening and he had been passing in his car..I had been on foot when we saw the accident. Like I said, lovely lovely guy. He apparently called the hospital the next day to find out how the patient was and again a few weeks later.

C x
A restaurant full of surprises: What happens when Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher meet while having dinner, you'll see in this spot... For more information about our race team visit: www.mercedes-gp.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9DBlGpnzqY
(Button and Hamilton).
I wouldn't mind taking a few lessons from the Stig though. That would be a right laugh!

C x Originally Posted by Camille
Which stig are you referring to? First,second or third one! Lol! x

I love top gear!