BB's Lawnside BBQ??

Pitch review from a while back.

http://m.pitch.com/kansascity/bbs-la...on?oid=2203724

BBs has its own web site. Watch for bands other than the local folks.
If a busy night you will be rubbing elbows with the folks sitting next to you. And would need to be early.
Take a few friends.
This is Southeast KC @ Troost and 85th.
And yes very good BBQ
It's been several years since I was there last
I've heard some good blues bands there and the crowd can be fun, but I don't think their BBQ is anything to write home about.
The BBQ is marginal at best in my opinion. But it's a really fun place to hang out and drink. It's kinda like the Levy
There is better BBQ on town.
But without the bands.
  • Cleo
  • 02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
BBQ is marginal, but we're accustomed to that here. Band & atmosphere makes it worth it tho. Quite fun on a nice cool evening.
Small, and a bit of a dive, with ok food and reasonable prices. Live music with mostly local bands. I'm not a regular there, but I enjoy stopping in occasionally. Seats maybe 60-70 people.
I go there for the music not the food. If you like Blues you are sure to find some good entertainment. However, if you really like the Blues you should go to Knuckleheads. The best Blues bar in KC.
+1 Sinbad, far better
I'm going to have to disagree about the BBQ. I think it's some of the better around. Particularly the burnt ends. But people have different tastes in BBQ.
However, the combination of Beer, Blues and BBQ is unbeatable. Go see the Danielle Nicole band , formarly of Trampled Under Foot, on a Tuesday but be prepared to wait for a seat.
Saturday afternoons with Mama Ray are great also. Blues and jazz jam with some of the best musicians in the KC area and no cover !
I have to agree with Joey.
Try the King sampler you will not be dissapointed.
Blues-Beer-BBQ doesn't get much better except for Blues-Beer-BBQ-Pussy.
lol yall rock..thanks

I am going there this weekend
Katy, Clair & Stephy play Sat Eve.
They released an album last fall.
Couple nice reviews in the local weekly rag.
Be early.
Good thoughts IMO...

Decent BBQ...usually good entertainment. The comment about Knuckleheads is spot on. Usually music that is quite choice...

I have trouble concentrating on food and music at the same time so I try to do one or the other..
Lindsey Shannon, the owner does a blues show on 101 on Sunday night. That is where a lot of the mystique and of course advertising comes from. He does book good acts at times and is an icon of sorts. He has done a lot for the local music scene over the years by providing a venue and promoting the blues.

The original Strouds was next door for years until they shut down the bridge and redid all the pavement..