ALERT

INFORM YOUR MEMBERSHIP THAT THEY SHOULD PREPARE FOR ASPD TO GO DARK. THEY SHOULD NOW RETRIEVE ANY INFO THERE THAT THEY NEED. WE WILL ATTEMPT TO RETURN WITH THE DATABASE IN THE FUTURE
I'm assuming this is ok here due to the situation. If it's not, my apologies.

Due to the actions of a single, treacherous individual outing the owners of ASPD and their involvement with the site to their employers, they have no choice but to end their involvement.

Retrieve any information you may need in the short term such as phone numbers, email addresses, etc. You probably have at least 24 hours, but there is no guarantee of that.
Providers and reviewers: Save your reviews.

The database is being protected, as we speak, for use later down the road, but it is too early to know when that will be, at this point.

Spread the word.
Thanks Deuce appreciate the warning.

~1TGA
Once again, Deuce shows the CLASS that was missing at times during Amber's lingering illness that finally took such a pioneer.

Thank you for the heads up.
Note that you can save your PM's to your own hard disk from the PM page. I'm not sure you can get both Inbox and sent PM's from the same page, so check the results.

The format sucks a bit. Such is life.

MOST IMPORTANT:

There's no guarantee that JoeBlow78442 at some other web site is the same person as JoeBlow78442 at ASPD.net. Or @yahoo, gmail, twitter, etc.

Best wishes to all.
This is a sad day for the "Hobby". ASPD gave us a home for "Hobby" minded people and gave us many tools to make the experience safer and better. My heart goes out to Ambers family and I just do not understand all the venom spewed at them. I joined ASPD on 1/1/01 and I can never thank them enough for all that I received from the site. Some of the people that I consider my good friends, both male and female, came from being on the site. I am really thankful that TBONE and Becky had the foresight to start this site when ASPD was down for two months. This will be my new "Hobby Home" for the future. I hope that we can all be respectful of each other and not spew the venom.

Chipper
As a 10 year member of ASPD it is truly a sad day.

It is terrible that Amber's family has had to deal with so much negativity.

By the way I AM the same niceguy as on ASPD.

It appears there are many familiar names here.

I hope everyone has a great New Year.
A question for Eccie.net management. We can certainly retrieve our old reviews and repost them here. How log do you want us to go back? One month? Three months? A year? etc.?
If reviews are of current providers then copy them.
As a 10 year member of ASPD it is truly a sad day.
Originally Posted by niceguy
Word!
  • Carl
  • 12-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Note that you can save your PM's to your own hard disk from the PM page. I'm not sure you can get both Inbox and sent PM's from the same page, so check the results.

Best wishes to all. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
if you download/back up your PMs, it will save both sent and inbox messages in one single document. you just check the "Back-up messages" box on the bottom of the inbox page and it will get them both.
So how do we providers get our reviews moved over? For a long time I asked for No Reviews Please. I have maybe 20? total on all the sites and ASPD has the most and the most current.

I didn't know Amber, but she must have been something. It's not a fitting legacy.
Take a few minutes and verify/update your hobby main squeezes' contact info, same drill we mastered with past crashes.
ASPD passing into the night is sad news for the hobby, indeed, and I'm all choked up...and would like to choke somebody, arrrrhgh! 'Tis maddening, yet life goes on, and I'm new and improved here at ECCIE! I'd like to ask a big favor, please. Don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm sure someone will correct and direct me if necessary. I'd appreciate it if any gentleman now a member (no, not those who HAVE a member. Every guy has one...we hope) here who did a review of me on ASPD please transfer it over. I'd be VERY grateful. Thank you! Happy New Year to us all, and sinful sexual wishes for a fine and pleasurable 2010.
  • TBONE
  • 12-31-2009, 08:29 AM
That's a reasonable request fancy and welcome to ECCIE.