Can we talk about STDs

Escambia county remains one of the highest infected counties in Florida… Disappointing, but I’m curious, how many of you have personal experience with an STD. I have been with many, many people, many without protection, and never had an STD, that I know of. I’m mostly curious, have any of you ever had an STD from, what you know, for sure, is from oral? I want all of the bbbj cim I can get, but I recently got paranoid about disease. Enlighten me; mongers and providers! I want bbbj!!
BBBJ is low/medium risk. It is certainly not zero risk (well, zero risk of pregnancy, I guess.)
Gonorrhea can reside in the throat, isn't particularly tested for often (the swab is quite uncomfortable!), and can be somewhat difficult to get rid of. (The data comes from gay men/men who have sex with men.)

I caught NGU/NSU from a BBBJ in the Philippines some years ago. I was a condom nazi back then except for oral, which made it all the more distressing. It's definitely not zero risk.

1) Get tested. Regular folks are advised once a year, or once every six months; we, as high-risk individuals, should be tested at least every three months and with appearance of symptoms, if not more.

Your local Florida Department of Health offers STD testing for usually under $100. If you're broke and out here tricking with the rent money, if you can show documentation they offer sliding scale payment, so low-income individuals can get testing and treatment completely free.

2) Get on PrEP. Thanks to Obamacare, PrEP is considered preventative care, and is covered by most insurance plans. Even if you end up having to pay, Gilead has programs that can potentially cover the entire cost. PrEP is basically subsidized by everyone. I don't have any of the possible reported side effects from taking it every day, and they only require you to get tested and bloodwork done (to check your HIV status and stuff like kidney function) once every couple of months. For folks like us it is kind of silly not to be on PrEP.

3) Low volume/UTR providers. There's a good bit of luck involved in finding this, but generally if it was a pain in the ass to get with her, it was a pain in the ass for everyone else, i.e. less numbers, less risk.

4) Settle for CBJ or accept your risk. You should take as many precautions as you can. That being said, this lifestyle inherently comes with risks. I was boyfriend strongarmed/cash-and-dashed in Mobile, AL just last month. Luckily I did not lose anything else, like my car, or my life... If you are timid about germs and unwilling to get tested and make plans, maybe you should reconsider your habits. Or find a nice girlfriend.

(Just kidding, we all know Tinder is a dumpster fire and women give you the stink eye when you approach them and men everywhere are incel maidenless. Never mind.)

Anyway. Go get tested, and always finish the full course of antibiotics when it's prescribed.

This has been a public service announcement by your Local Tricks Association...
  • Dedra
  • 10-03-2023, 09:19 AM
Knock on wood and continued positive vibes / energy or what ever source works LOL I have not gotten an STD. I get tested more than once a year and include the throat swab. A lot of times you have to request it in addition to the other. I have been in the hobby a long time. I do require protection for intercourse but prefer bbbj. I am also very active outside the hobby. My regular partner gets tested in the gaps between mine. If you are worried about discretion there are also mail in test and the results are emailed to you. It is important for all of us in the hobby , providers and friends, to protect ourselves and others.
Stay healthy and keep having sexy fun