Do you hobby when your significant other is around?

So, I travel all across the country and travel quite frequently. I also benefit from the fact that my significant other does not live with me right now.. However, she will soon.

I'm starting to wonder if I will have to exit the Dallas market when she moves to Dallas.. It won't be as easy to hide this.. Guys, what do you do to hide the hobby when you live with a woman?

My significant other is great in a long-term partner sort of way, but there is just something exciting about the hobby.
Its a quick trip up I-35 to the home of the Sooners. You can find me there!!!
Its a quick trip up I-35 to the home of the Sooners. You can find me there!!! Originally Posted by LadyRed
Your going the wrong way, CUM south! LOL
Its a quick trip up I-35 to the home of the Sooners. You can find me there!!! Originally Posted by LadyRed
lol.. I know who I will be calling the next time I'm in Oklahoma.
Sure you can hobby when SO is around. You just have to cover your tracks. Does SO work? If so, are her work hours different than yours? If so, then you have time to play. Do you have blocks of time where you are not accountable for your time-- i.e. she will be out of town or away for a block of time (girls night out)? You just have to look for your target of opportunity and be ready to play. I almost envy you. Dallas would be the perfect place for me given my situation.
Never have seen a provider when I am in a relationship and never will
  • Old-T
  • 11-24-2011, 03:00 PM
For anyone who travels or is mobile I can't understand playing near home. It isn't just about SOs, it's about intersecting my private and public lives. Even lining in a reasonably good sized city it can be amazingly small at times.

I have had ladies come visit me for a while, but only ladies who have also become friends, so if I run into someone I know I can very truthfully introduce her as a friend staying with me a few days as she sightsees the area--and she can pull it off because she knows who I am, etc.

Why anyone with a SO would play where it is too easy to have intersections that aren't wanted I just don't understand.
Never have seen a provider when I am in a relationship and never will Originally Posted by burkalini
I share that standard...

OP when things like this happen then I would be hesitant to hobby in the same city as well....
DFW is pretty big. Most people who are there only travel among certain areas of town and rarely venture into other areas.

So, if you're going to live in the 75/635 area, hobby elsewhere, like FW/Irving/Oak Cliff. Especially if she doesn't have a vehicle.

But if she works downtown, and you wind up living in the M's, hobby by the airport (DFW). There are plenty of ladies out there.

Just sayin'.
As long as you're discreet and don't come home smelling of other woman then you should be fine....Just don't leave your "hobby" phone lying around the house for her to find!
Most of the posters here are sharing good advice. It's difficult and dangerous to hobby in the same town where you live. But Dallas is indeed a bit different. Partly due to its diversity, partly its size. Mainly because it is hobby heaven. Were I in your shoes, I would HAVE to find a way to hobby I suppose. I'm sure there are some sub-par providers there...but I've never met them!
Never have seen a provider when I am in a relationship and never will Originally Posted by burkalini
i must be doing it all wrong then...i dont hobby when im single. dont get bored.
i must be doing it all wrong then...i dont hobby when im single. dont get bored. Originally Posted by Mr Blonde
I only hobby when I am attached and SO is in town, considering this has been my status since Al Gore invented the internet . I can easily understand a guy who just met a new girlfriend not wanting to hobby, but the hobby was invented for men who have been married for 10 years or more.

For the PO it can be easily done by being safe and covering your tracks.
You can hobby when SO thinks you're "at work".. just say you had a meeting with boss, clients, etc. if she's looking for you during a session. Better yet, let her know subtly before the session that you have meetings "that week" and it will be a busy week, just so she expects that you may not respond right away.

Then request a few hours of vacation from boss (N/A if self-employed) for the session day and enjoy!
As long as you're discreet and don't come home smelling of other woman then you should be fine....Just don't leave your "hobby" phone lying around the house for her to find! Originally Posted by Valerie
If I'm headed straight home, I shower before I leave the hotel with the same brand of soap I use at home... and leave the hobby phone hidden in your vehicle. My wife's allergic to cinnamon, so I a cinnamon air freshener in my vehicle to keep her out of it.
You can hobby when SO thinks you're "at work".. just say you had a meeting with boss, clients, etc. if she's looking for you during a session. Originally Posted by Irish Cream
Yep

Sure you can hobby when SO is around. You just have to cover your tracks. Do you have blocks of time where you are not accountable for your time-- i.e. she will be out of town or away for a block of time (girls night out)? You just have to look for your target of opportunity and be ready to play. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
Yep