Hourly Hotel Room

I contacted a no-tel to see if they could accommodate me for a couple of hours. When I asked if there was a room available for a couple of hours, he told me he could rent it for the whole night. Assuming that we were suffering from a language barrier, I pressed him for the hourly rate rather than the nightly rate.

He said, "I cannot discuss that on the phone", and abruptly hung up.

In person, he still tried to rent it to me for the night, but after I pressed him again, he gave it to me for 2 hours.

Renting a room for a few hours does not, I believe, imply anything illegal. Other uses might include, needing a place to take a hot shower after driving all night, or maybe I met someone on Ashley Madison/ Tinder/ whatever.

So my question is, why so shady? Anything in hotel regulations about hourly rooms?
  • gt27
  • 05-11-2017, 11:24 AM
This is funny.

No, renting a hotel room is not per se illegal. BUT it often goes with meeting someone from eccie, BP, TER etc.

My question to you is this: Why did you "press" someone for renting a room for two hours instead of one night when the person clearly did not want to do so? All that can do is raise eyebrows and scrutiny over what you are doing there.

IMO you should have bounced and found a new spot that didn't care about hourly or nightly out of your legal safety concerns or paid for the entire night.
There used to be an app that would let you book per hour at nice hotels.
I haven't used it in years as I would just rent for the night and leave early.

refresh app or some shit like that.
Nothing in the statutes that regulate the amount of time the hotel/motel management rent the rooms out.
There used to be an app that would let you book per hour at nice hotels.
I haven't used it in years as I would just rent for the night and leave early.

refresh app or some shit like that. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Recharge? There is also HotelsbyDay app
Recharge is it!
Nothing in the statutes that regulate the amount of time the hotel/motel management rent the rooms out. Originally Posted by DocHolyday
Rent the room out.