Proving We Don't Need More Government

How many times does the Government get "shut down" before even the naysayers agree that we don't need all this Government?

Recently "we" were informed that Congress has a special fund set aside for paying off offended claims-makers to keep them quiet ...

... does Congress have a "special fund" so they can get paid while the Government is "shut down" ... if so, can we call is Slush Money!

If there is such a fund for the elected officials and their staff members, then it should be ended just like the "hush money" fund ... perhaps if they had to do without some of these little pissing matches wouldn't occur or at least wouldn't drag on so long. They are not doing what they are being paid to do.
I agree. AND IF the govt ever again gets shut down, THEY should be the FIRST AND ONLY ONES who stop getting paid.
Congress and staffers should be the first to lose a paycheck and the last to get one.
Congress and staffers should be the first to lose a paycheck and the last to get one. Originally Posted by pyramider
+1
And if i had my way, they would ALL GET A 90% (or more) PAY CUT. AND LOSE THE automatic 'pay increase each year unless they vote no" bullshit.. NO ONE SHOULD BE GIVEN the power to vote themselves a bloody pay rise..
And if i had my way, they would ALL GET A 90% (or more) PAY CUT. AND LOSE THE automatic 'pay increase each year unless they vote no" bullshit.. NO ONE SHOULD BE GIVEN the power to vote themselves a bloody pay rise.. Originally Posted by garhkal
They get an automatic raise, unless they vote against it.
How many times does the Government get "shut down" before even the naysayers agree that we don't need all this Government?

Recently "we" were informed that Congress has a special fund set aside for paying off offended claims-makers to keep them quiet ...

... does Congress have a "special fund" so they can get paid while the Government is "shut down" ... if so, can we call is Slush Money!

If there is such a fund for the elected officials and their staff members, then it should be ended just like the "hush money" fund ... perhaps if they had to do without some of these little pissing matches wouldn't occur or at least wouldn't drag on so long. They are not doing what they are being paid to do. Originally Posted by LexusLover
We need government and more of it to keep corporate corruption in check, nobody with any brains would deny this. The problem is the current government has been infiltrated by corporate sympathizers that have The Trump administration on their side. We are now watching the destruction of America by Trump removing government regulations that checked corporate corruption. Point is we need more government not less but it needs to be independent of corporate influences.
Wouldn’t hurt for the government to be for the people, as intended.
First of all the Fed gov is the most extensive employer in the WORLD so do we really need all of the size. Also if the Congress and the white house paychecks would stop you would see how fast they would change.
Also in my life the gov has stopped many time and the sun still comes up !!!!!
We need government and more of it to keep corporate corruption in check, nobody with any brains would deny this. The problem is the current government has been infiltrated by corporate sympathizers that have The Trump administration on their side. We are now watching the destruction of America by Trump removing government regulations that checked corporate corruption. Point is we need more government not less but it needs to be independent of corporate influences. Originally Posted by StandinStraight

This so we can have more government corruption. Great idea dumb ass.
....dumb ass. Originally Posted by Budman
StandingInShit keeps proving it one post at a time.
We need government and more of it to keep corporate corruption in check, nobody with any brains would deny this. The problem is the current government has been infiltrated by corporate sympathizers that have The Trump administration on their side. We are now watching the destruction of America by Trump removing government regulations that checked corporate corruption. Point is we need more government not less but it needs to be independent of corporate influences. Originally Posted by StandinStraight

StandingInShit keeps proving it one post at a time. Originally Posted by LexusLover
yup, that's Alfred Neuman, the mad hatter!
They get an automatic raise, unless they vote against it. Originally Posted by bamscram
I know that, which is why i phrased it :AND LOSE THE automatic 'pay increase each year unless they vote no" bullshit.:

That is one of the BIG THINGS imo that needs to change..
We need government ... Originally Posted by StandinStraight
Why don't you just rely upon private philanthropic organizations?

Or do they require some adherence to normal and historically customary American values with which you are unfamiliar?
I know that, which is why i phrased it :AND LOSE THE automatic 'pay increase each year unless they vote no" bullshit.: Originally Posted by garhkal
Parrots do that, you know? Mindlessly repeat shit.