Anyone going to see Leon Russell?

Here's maybe the last chance to see the best piano player in history who played with Elvis and every artist of note in the '60s in the 'wrecking crew' and with Phil Specter until he produced Gary Lewis and the Playboys and then struck out on his own and wrote 'Superstar' and 'Masquerade' and so many others. This guy has such long fingers and even his pinky fingers are amazing long it's one of the reasons why he could stretch out and hit octives others could not. He can do many things other cannot. He's the one and only true character and sings like a wounded cat!

PM me if anyone wants to accompany me and a fine lady for this rare, extremely rare, event. There will be no more like Leon Russell. And don't reply saying that we don't need him anymore because today we have 'Lil Wayne or Kanye West okay. Jay-Z can't play any instrument or even sing. The guy just talks and I doubt he can even read. I know he can't speak English with more than a couple dozen word vocabulary including yo yo yo
  • Toyz
  • 11-21-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm thinking of getting off my ass and going...he is an absolute icon.

Thank you PF for reminding me...I'm there, just got my tix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvazuyF6eXw
Jay Z drops bombs
Saw him about 10 years ago. A true showman and one of the best around. Do you remember when he recorded as Hank Wilson. Showed a photo of his back in a rhinestone suit and long hair. The title Hanks Back. Lol
Yeah and if memory serves me it didn't say Leon Russell anywhere on the album.
  • Toyz
  • 11-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Legendary icon-very fun show listening to stories & that unique voice.
I am assuming that this has passed?