Jailbreak old iPad without USB

Is there anyway to jailbreak an iPad that does not have a USB port?
Most all jailbreak programs require you to download to a computer and then attach the iPad with a USB cable.
Any help please, thanks.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-08-2015, 12:25 PM
So the cable that came with the iPad will not work for you?
The only cable and port are for charging. There is no USB Port.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-08-2015, 05:54 PM
The cable that you use for charging should also be able to be used to connect to a computer's USB port. That is how it is connected when you initially set up the iPad from iTunes.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253
Thanks Mokoa, the cable I have has a flat spade on one end and a USB on the other.
I will try it tomorrow.
Thanks again for your help.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-08-2015, 11:10 PM
You are welcome. Let us know how it goes.
So, you stole someone's iPad, and you want to jailbreak it before they discover that you have it?

Ok, got it.
No I did not steal this iPad. Jail breaking is a method of decoupling from Apple so that you can download apps other than those sanctioned by them. Many people do this and it has nothing to do with stealing.
It might be better to call "jailbreaking" "unlocking" then, as it's pretty much simply unlocking additional abilities that Apple didn't want you to have.
Apple takes the position that even though a legal purchaser has legal possession of the hardware, Apple owns the copyright to the internal software and firmware, etc.

Tecnically, Apple is on the right side of the U.S. copyright law.

Do own your iPhone? Sure you do. Up until you try to convert its innards or shift carriers without a tussle.

That said, more and more copyright owners, including some of very biggest companies such as General Motors and Ford, are also asserting similar rights.

GM and Ford, for example, stand in the way of allowing aftermarket companies trying to help car owners make adjustments to car motherboard software. Suits are in progress.

Android operating systems are "open source" and allow others to make adjustments.
I personally think iPhones and iPads cost too much to jailbreak. Once you do that, you can't connect them to a computer.
Just an update, I got it done and it works great. Thanks Mokoa and everyone who contributed to this thread.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Glad to read it worked out for you.