Funny Guys?

I posted this over in the Georgia section since I am currently in exile in Macon, but since I'm an Alabama Boy (and always will be) I'll put a link over here to it as well.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...55#post2220355
Exile in Macon? Lol! It's not all bad...at least there's NuWay!
Exile in Macon? Lol! It's not all bad...at least there's NuWay! Originally Posted by Caylee
LOL!

Being a born and raised Alabama boy, it sure feels like an exile.

Until July 2010, I spent half my life in and around Gadsden Alabama. I spent the other half living and working in the B'ham metro area. I've been to some far away places like Denver, Seattle, Vancouver BC, Jamaica, and to some exotic places like Jackson Mississippi and Delta Louisiana. But I have always called Central and Northern Alabama home.

Macon is okay. I like the people I work with and I enjoy what I do. And compared to BellSouth and EDS (Electronic Data Systems) the IT department at the Farm is a nice quite stress free place.

And then there's Nu-Way. They make a pretty good hot dog, but I think I still prefer Sneaky Pete's. Of course I really miss Milo's.
And then there's Nu-Way. They make a pretty good hot dog, but I think I still prefer Sneaky Pete's. Of course I really miss Milo's. Originally Posted by Big Heretic
Milo's... If it wouldn't get all soggy I'd UPS you some Big H. I know the longing for Milo's. When I lived in Long Island I thought I had moved to hell. No Milo's amd ask someone for sweet tea in NYC. They look at you like your an idiot.. But then I found Peter Luger's and all was almost forgiven.. lol
  • FK
  • 03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I like Macon all right. I think the Allman Brothers childhood home has been turned into a museum...? I didn't get to see it the last time I visited.......

I do remember there is one of those HUGE outdoor malls also.
I think the Allman Brothers childhood home has been turned into a museum...?

I do remember there is one of those HUGE outdoor malls also. Originally Posted by Fallon Kelly
There is the Allman Brother's Big House Museum. Macon was there adopted home. The place was like a commune for the band and close associates. Duane Allman was killed not far from there when he went to go around a lumber truck on his motorcycle and the truck turned left in front of him. Duane is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery.

http://www.thebighousemuseum.com/home/

The big outdoor mall is the Riverside Mall on the north end of the city... on Riverside Drive. That's the area I live in and right around the corner from work.

I appreciate the offer Blad. A Milo's burger would get a little soggy in the mail. But I've got Milo's on my to do list for today. I'll be in B'ham today and Saturday working on my house.
Too bad Nu-Way didn't put a stand at the Shoppes at River Crossing (new mall name). Lately, its been hard for Nu-Way to be consistent.

Fallon, ... yummy new pictures you have there!