Just Wondering . .

i am visiting birmingham soon & was wondering if anyone can tell me where the good areas are . definitely dont want to run into LE or a sting . any info on Birmingham area is appreciated :-*
Galleria area and US-280 (or maybe 285) areas - be careful!

JaG
Galleria area and US-280 (or maybe 285) areas - be careful!

JaG Originally Posted by JustaGuyinMS

What he said and for a reason. Hoover which is the city around the Galleria does not have their own vice unit. They have to "borrow" Birmingham's. Now 280 is hit or miss. That area is so chopped up you have one motel that is in Birmingham right next door to one in Hoover (or Shelby County). Another good low key location is off of I65 south and the highway 119 exit in Pelham. There are 5 motels to choose from there, rather centrally located, and no worries about busts because Pelham like Hoover lacks their own vice unit. Plus the area is always pretty busy any time between 7am and 10pm (much like 280 and the Galleria areas).
Stay away from Lakeshore Dr
  • FK
  • 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM
Frivolous question: Is there shopping and dining in the Pelham area similar to what Hoover has?
Thank You
If you know your way around Pelham, the Galleria, Patton Chaple, and the other shopping centers are just a hop from Pelham. The Chahba valley road area around I65 is only about 3.5 miles away.
what do you guys think about the airport area ? thats where i am .. definitely will be looking into getting a room either in galleria area or pelham . thank u for the info (:
The airport area is dangerous. You will be much safer in the Over the Mountain area (Vestavia, Hoover, Pelham, Inverness).
it is ? damn . im definitely moving tomorrow then . do they have alot of stings over here or something ?
  • FK
  • 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Thank You, Android/Google are my best friends!

If you know your way around Pelham, the Galleria, Patton Chaple, and the other shopping centers are just a hop from Pelham. The Chahba valley road area around I65 is only about 3.5 miles away. Originally Posted by Big Heretic
any info on the huntsville area ?
I don't know much about Huntsville, but if I were going up there I'd probably stay around the Space and Rocket Museum.

Fallon, I lived in Pelham for 24 years before having to move to Macon. If you use the Old Montgomery Hwy/Lorna Rd route you can bypass the Hwy 31 traffic between Valleydale Rd and the Galleria. You will come out on Hwy 150 right beside the Galleria.
oh okay cool . i think ill try that out
what do you guys think about the airport area ? thats where i am .. definitely will be looking into getting a room either in galleria area or pelham . thank u for the info (: Originally Posted by SeductiveAlaska

Think you better have a gun with you. That is ultra high crime in that area. One Thanksgiving at the motel closest to the airport 4 people were murdered during a robbery in the lobby.

And Fallon. Everything is close to the Valleydale and 119 area of Pelham.
O M G . ! what about Irondale ?