~ 2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs Superthread ~

I waited on purpose to start this one up. With Kawhi Leonard to return tomorrow night against Dallas. Spurs rank 3rd in the West at 19 and 7.

Manu Ginobili playing out of his mind at 40 years young, Aldridge playing the all star role we paid him for, and young players are coming out of their shells. Bryn Forbes and Davis Bertans looking like solid role players to play crucial minutes.

Now with Tony officially back as of a little over a week ago and Leonard to fulfill the roster, this is going to be another crazy ride.

Boston, Cleveland, Golden State and Houston looking strong. Minnesota is a threat. Can OKC get it together? Shall be a tough road to the finals.

This thread is everything Spurs! Go Spurs Go!

How will we finish this season?
Watch out for the New Orleans Pelicans.

They have Spurs kryptonite.

SF
Spurs are my team but I think weve got more rebuilding to do before we reach the finals again. Me thinks Houston has a better chance. And of course Golden State, who I predict will win atleast 2 more titles with that all star line up. Go Spurs Go!
Leonard doing pretty good in his return. Spurs looking pretty tough, and despite rough shooting to start the game, they look more complete.

Hope we can finish the Mavs off here tonight!
LA missing layups, everybody gone cold. Kawhi was the bright spot.
Yeah, disappointing loss agaisnt a bottom feeding Mavs team. Our shooting as a team was ice cold. While they were on fire. Can't win them all though.

Next up...

The Houston Rockets on Friday. Huge game! Shall see a potential playoff preview here with Chris Paul and James Harden.
Unbelievable. I had given ours boys up for dead tonight. Great comeback. Of course, we should never have been down that much to a poor Mavs team in the first place. Still, a win is a win.
Unbelievable. I had given ours boys up for dead tonight. Great comeback. Of course, we should never have been down that much to a poor Mavs team in the first place. Still, a win is a win. Originally Posted by Xesaddict
No kidding! What's up with the close games lately? I can see the Boston game being close each without a key player, but also a game winner against Phoenix and now the Mavs? We may be 20-10 at this point in the season, but lately we have not looked great at all. Blowing up against the Mavs on the road, and Houston was a disgrace (can't stand Paul or Harden and their ticky tack flops and foul calls). Hope we can get it turned around and start beating some good teams with regularity, otherwise it's going to be a long process for the Spurs.
Spurs vs Clippers tomorrow night. No Paul. No Deandre Jordan (recent trade with Bucks). Bad Blake comes to town with a new team and building project. Hope we can compound the momentum from the Mavs win.
Rockets wiped the Spurs up one court and down the other. Glad the black and silver was able to get revenge on the Mavs at least.

Like R1 says, they need to beat some good teams. Right now, they are not in the same class as Celtics and Rockets.

But Kawhi is looking good.
I don't even know how we beat Boston. We actually looked like a good team that night. For the most part however, been spotty all year.
+1 FL and R1
Once Kawhi and Tony are back 100%, Spurs will be more consistent.
How about that young kid Murray, going toe to toe with the Clipper big man. The entire arena plus Pop was applauding. Warms the heart.
This kid with Forbes are a really dynamic backcourt for sure. Loving the potential with Kawhi here as a formidable trio in the near future in a year or two when they get stronger. Those kids can play!
Next up we have the Portland Trail blazers on the road in Rip City. Damian Lillard has always given us headaches. Game is tomorrow night! Good test against a playoff caliber team as they are 5th in the West.