~ 2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs Superthread ~

Pulled off the close one last night. How about Patty, Murray, Aldridge and Anderson? Glad the finished that game off.

Got Utah tonight, hope we can keep the road wins coming.
So we won a close one in Portland, and come away from Utah with a horrible loss. Road record is abysmal this season.

Hoping pop starts playing the whole roster with some kind of regularity. These, this team will play tonight and this other group plays a other night is throwing off consistency. Was apparent in Utah not shooting the ball well with guys that haven't played with each other.
Another good night to be a Spurs fan. Pau with a triple double, Manu 15 points, and LaMarcus getting it done on the way to a road win.

Off Xmas day for the first time in a long while. Will be back in action the 26th with Brooklyn at home.

Don't look now, OKC has jumped to 5th place in West. Boston only 5-5 last ten. Spurs would play Denver if playoffs started today. Will it stick? Or maybe get OKC first round? Crazy race in east and west.
Rogue. Like you, I am concerned about night to night consistency. Pop is running a lot of different combinations out there. I know injuries, rehab time limits, etc. have a lot to do with it, but until we can get some consistent rotations I am concerned about how far we can go. The one upside is all this is making our bench that much deeper. I look for the boys to make a strong run down the stretch after all star game if we get and stay healthy.
Agreed. I've come to really like Bryn Forbes. Probably one of my favorites on this team. Guy can shoot!
Spurs are back to full strength finally. Came up with a win against Brooklyn last night. Will see if we can keep the winning formula going.
Kyle’s hangtime shot was pretty cool.

Spurs get another W.
Back to Back wins versus the Nets and Knicks. Kyle's been pretty good since coming back from injury.

And on a sidenote, Boston came back from 26 down to finish off Houston tonight at the Garden. Spurs now only 1.5 games back from 2nd in the West.
Ouch. Spurs at full strength lose to Pistons. Not good.
Yeah, we looked horrible. No one could make a bucket to save their life, aside from turnovers. Will take some time to get Kawhi acclimated, and the guys to play well with him on the court. Could of used Rudy tonight to get us out of some jams. He was only guy missing. Still no excuse though. Personally don't think they go to Aldridge enough early in ball games. Like they used to do Timmy. And they need to find a way to get more minutes to Bertans. He does well on defense and his shot is amazing. I honestly don't know what he sees in Kyle Anderson. He's decent, but I hope Gay, Forbes and Bertans eat up most of our bench minutes to be completely honest.

Detroit has a good young team, reason they are sitting 5th out East. And yes, I do think east is as good as the West this season, and records would show that, but also talent is there too. Bucks, Wizards, 76ers, Pistons, Cavs, Boston, and Toronto are all capable teams. Going to be interesting to see how this season plays out. Especially when IT returns to Cleveland. They are already playing well.
How about Manu Ginobili? He can score even with a pass! LOL. Even the officials did not realize he had accidentally nailed a 3.

Spurs over the Knicks to start the new year.
Crazy shot indeed! Lol. Ksat had good coverage as well. For folks that missed Ginobili's 3pt pass...

https://www.ksat.com/sports/nba/spur...rs-knicks-game

Spurs continue their eastern road trip tonight against the 76ers. Ben Simmons has been rookie of the Year worthy and Joel Embiid has been playing well. Will see if the Spurs can grab another road win against them on a back to back.
Guy drank his grandpa juice. Anyone catch this dunk Last night?? 40 and still got it!

Murray has also been announced as our new starting PG the remainder of the season. Parker will join Manu, Gay and Patty in our second unit. Leonard, Green and Muuray may be the best defensive back court in the league when it gets up and running. For anyone who missed this Tusday night, it was a beauty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OFZCv2Gm0
Happy for Bryn Forbes, great game. Finally showing some consistency.