RARE: Eva Braun's Private Photos

http://www.life.com/image/first/in-g...photos#index/0

Life.com has obtained a set of newly released photos from the personal albums of Eva Braun, Adolf Hitler's longtime girlfriend and, in their final hours, wife.
That was really neat. Thanks for sharing.
Nice Al Jolson impersonation with the one photo....

[small shudder] Still creepy pics...even after all this time...
Interesting to see. A few I had seen before. There is a documentary out now for about 2 years consisting of her private movies she shot. It seems they were captured and found their way to a storage area of the Pentagon when somebody remembered they were there. The History Channel aired it about a year ago and every now and again they will re-air the program.
Wow, that's scary.

http://www.life.com/image/first/in-g...hotos#index/29 Originally Posted by gnadfly
When I looked at the picture with his portrait, I flinched as well. Weird image.

Still, this was overall very fascinating to read!

Thanks, Charles!

Elisabeth
Image is everything with politicians, Hitler was among the best at image control. From his campaign posters to the image here, the dark, moody, Gothic look was a way to convey a comfortable feeling of protective power and an implied linkage to the ancient history of the Germanic people. Despite the reality behind the mask, I find the style moving and aesthetically pleasing.

The truly scary thing about these images is that they show just how human Hitler and his followers were. As I've said before, we are all animals. . . but beasts walk among us.
I found it interesting.
Thank You,
Safire Sweet
we are all animals. . . but beasts walk among us. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
That's a really good line.
Image is everything with politicians, Hitler was among the best at image control. From his campaign posters to the image here, the dark, moody, Gothic look was a way to convey a comfortable feeling of protective power and an implied linkage to the ancient history of the Germanic people. Despite the reality behind the mask, I find the style moving and aesthetically pleasing.

The truly scary thing about these images is that they show just how human Hitler and his followers were. As I've said before, we are all animals. . . but beasts walk among us. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Thanks for your input. He was an artist at one point, wasn't he? I just found that the image "popped" when I looked at it and continued to when I looked at the photo a second and third time.

This collage of photos caused me to goof off and try to figure out the sex lives of these two people. I thought that he was into leather, etc., but I really couldn't find anything particularly compelling to share except it seemed as if he had an extreme ED issue.

Elisabeth
That's a really good line. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Yeah. I liked it, too.

EW
If you ever have the chance to see some of the cutting room floor footage of Hitler at the 1936 Olympics you can see him in the stands rocking back and forth in a quite agitated manner. I have heard experts speak to this behavior as that of manic depressant indications. Also in other footage you see him with his German Shepherd and when he tries to pet it it cringes in fear of him. It is quite disturbing. Other bits and pieces I have seen show other really odd behaviors as well.

Of course it is well known now his various oddities which were compounded by his copious drug addictions. I read by the end he was doing an ampule of morphine a day then later chasing it with as much amphetamines as his body could handle. We have all seen how this destroys someone of much more temperate personality just imaging all this heaped on this volatile idiot!
I was young but remember some of the Hitler footage that appeared at the time. Supposedly he was sexually impotent, but tried to cover it up by being in the company of women most of the time.

His political model has been studied by some modern politicians and with modifications they attempt to adapt it.
http://www.life.com/image/first/in-g...photos#index/4

If Hitler was impotent, he was missing that, lol...

Seriously tho, don't ever think Hitler was a monster - he was human like the rest of us. And that's more scary than any bogeyman.
I was young but remember some of the Hitler footage that appeared at the time. Supposedly he was sexually impotent, but tried to cover it up by being in the company of women most of the time.

His political model has been studied by some modern politicians and with modifications they attempt to adapt it. Originally Posted by Bull149
He remained unmarried so as to appear “available” to all women; yet, devoutly wedded to his duties as leader of the state. Image was everything.