What Became of ShysterJon?

ShysterJon hasn't logged on in more than four months. I wonder what became of him.
He said, somewhere, he was going to step away.
ShysterJon hasn't logged on in more than four months. I wonder what became of him. Originally Posted by chicagoboy

I sent him an email asking for his thoughts on FOSTA/SESTA. Please see below for his reply:

(staff edit; private communications removed; ztonk)

You can paraphrase a conversation you've had, but you can't post the actual conversation.

Thank You

Kevcar
Thanks for the info.

However, your good intention would be legit when paraphrased.

guideline #9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.
Wishing ShysterJon all the best. I've known him for many many years!
Thanks for the info.

However, your good intention would be legit when paraphrased.

guideline #9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed. Originally Posted by ck1942

My bad and my apologies. I certainly meant no harm.
My bad and my apologies. I certainly meant no harm. Originally Posted by kevcar
You're allowed to paraphrase, just not post the verbatim conversation. So what are his thoughts?
Yes please, paraphrase it and let us know his thoughts
Unfortunately, he did not share his thoughts. He thanked me for emailing him, and said he has developed other interests. He has not been on ECCIE since November. He left open the possibility of commenting in the future.

I would like to apologize to the community- I received a reprimand for posting his short reply to me verbatim. I learned my lesson and value being a part of the community.