The rook in Dallas

What ever happened to that place?
i believe it closed several years back.
What type of place was it?

Elisabeth
It was a bdsm dungeon. They usually kept 3-4 Mistresses available for sessions.
It closed about, umm, 9-10 years ago. It was the only commercial dungeon that I'm aware of at the time (as far as being able to go see a prodomme in a dungeon setting). It was located over off 183/35 area.

They closed just about the time the Sanctuary opened up. A few of the mistresses that worked there are still here in town. The mistress that ran it, Lady Malice, is still around. Actually a few pieces of the place survive at the Sanctuary.

The primary reason it closed was a falling out between the two co-owners. Plus some of the girls would have sessions and not give the house their cut, which caused cash flow problems.

If you look around the net some you can find pics of the mistresses done by Leroy Roper. They are pretty cool to seel
i wasn't aware that Malice ran it or just don't remember what was told to me. Misha More, a Prodomme and Lifestyle in Houston and friend told me about it. She was visiting after it first opened while on a trip to a bdsm gig of some sort. She was helping me find a Domme at the time and gave all the scoop on the Mistresses who were working there.
I can't tell you when she started running it as the manager, but she was doing it towards the end.
I just remember it because a friend of mine worked there. She took me there one day when no one was there so she could get something she forgot, and I thought it was so beautiful. Enigma was playing, there were several fantasy type rooms. I remember a room with a chalkboard and chairs like a "school" room, then there was a medical room. I only went there once, but I thought it was all very fascinating.
Lol... playing Enigma in a dungeon today can get a lot of eye-rolling going on!

You should head out to the Sanctuary and check them out. They have 7000sq ft of space, most of it dedicated to play stations. There is a school room, a soon-to-be converted medical exam room, an interrogation room/jail, and 1 really big room with equipment and stations lining most of the walls.
i've heard of Sanctuary. i believe Athena plays there some.

i'm in the Houston area and i don't get up to Dallas as often as i did. i used to see a Domme named Tracy who goes by Mz. Texas. We still stay in touch.
Krunkman, thanks for the info.
Athena doesn't use the Sanctuary. She is actually moving to LA full time very soon, but she'll be back from time to time for her clients here.

Actually Sanctuary doesn't have any prodommes working out of it any more. They stopped that a few years ago. If a pro comes to play, she's bringing her client along and they pay the entry fee like everyone else. Now that happens somewhat often, usually a Friday night, since there typically are less people.
The Rook, I remember that place, it was great, much better than the Sanctuary, IMHO. YMMV, but it was nice. They hosted BDSM/Leather Community parties there after hours, the Rook was the inspiration of at least a couple of different dungeons that followed in the decade after its close.

If you can remember the Rook you have been around awhile....
The Rook and Sanctuary were/are different animals. The Rook was much smaller, but it was set up specifically for prodomme work. Sanctuary has always been more of a community dungeon. Being smaller, I think the Rook was able to be more intimate of a place to do a scene/party. But there's nothing like having a hundred people in the back of the Sanctuary watching a woman who knows how to wield an 18' bullwhip whipping her submissive. Ah, the old days...
I am sure You and I know each other Krunkman. There is no way we don't, having been around the same places and parties for the last 15 to 20 years, I would say.

If we don't I am sure we know many of the same people...

I have never been a fan of the Sanctuary, the energy was just never really good for me. I know the owner, all good people that are involved for the most part, but just never felt as good as ID or the one after that. But for as many people that use the Sanctuary, it must be good for a lot of folks.