Incorporating Tantric practices

I had a recent date where I incorporated some tantric practices into a pse type date. Now the guy requested a pse but asked for "a taste of Domme* (Sorry, I don't serve Vegan Black Angus). We were able to work it out, but since it was so undefined to me (first date) I thought "What the hell."

Ended up doing what he described as "very relaxed but intense play" with non bdsm toys and orgasm control (I do that pretty much anyway, I think).

The tantric aspect came in with a focus on the feelings attitude, control the feelings, relaxation and breathing control, then ..ummm.."climaxed" with a countdown from 10 to blastoff. After nearly an hour of escalation/control, I was pleasantly surprised at how controlled he was during this countdown. Great audition and pretty damn hot too! We both definitely thought so.

So, who has used tantric control/focus practices in their play?
From what I've read about it, definitely a topic . . . and experience . . . worth learning a lot more about . . .
Barbara Carellas devotes a section of her book Urban Tantra to the inclusion of tantra in BDSM. Her overall perspective is centered on the use of controlled breathing to stimulate meditative states. In my personal experience, I have found that having the bottom match their breath to mine gives me an easy way to raise or lower the excitement level. Pair that with sensory play and you have a few simple tools to create an intense scene.