Hobby phone

I need to get me one and have a few questions.

How does it work when you apply for one?

Where should I get it?

And what kind of plan is best?

Thanks
You don't have to apply for anything. Just go to Wal-Mart and go to the phone section and pick yourself up a Tracphone. Something really cheap like a flip phone that you can pay $30 a month for.

Thank you for the reply. Do I have to make monthly payments, or does it have so many minutes and then recharge when they run out?
Thank you for the reply. Do I have to make monthly payments, or does it have so many minutes and then recharge when they run out? Originally Posted by Just Dreaming
No prob. You can just buy the prepaid cards to refill your minutes. I believe $20 gets you 60 minutes.
It's month to month. And you can let it set inactive for 90 days and keep the number. Just buy a refill card when you want to use it.
You don't have to apply for anything. Just go to Wal-Mart and go to the phone section and pick yourself up a Tracphone. Something really cheap like a flip phone that you can pay $30 a month for.

Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold
Clients don't use your personal phones for adult business..Good phone.No reason to have high dollar phone because when I'm done with the business I'm going to destroy it.
I use my neighbor's phone.
Get the cheapest tracfone you can find...usually $10 - $15. Bonus if you can find one with lifetime double or triple minutes (those at WalMart usually are). You will need to pay for minutes every 90 days...so a 60 minute card ($20) will give you 60,120, or 180 minutes (depending on whether or not you got a double or triple minutes phone) and 90 days of service. This amounts to just under $7 a month...a bargain by anyone's standards and cheap insurance. One of the good points regarding tracfone is if you forget to buy more minutes before your 90 days expire, once you do top up your previous minutes and phone number will still be intact...other company's pay-as-you-go services may drop them if you pay late. Make sure to pay by cash so there is no financial trail to tie you to the phone.
Concur about cash! Only cash, no audit trails.
I use Google Voice on my personal smart phone. It is easy to uninstall and reinstall as needed. It is linked to my hobby email only. I can also text from my computer with it, which is kind of nice. I can send and receive pics from my computer as well. I started out with a cheap trac phone but found texting to be a nightmare vs my smartphone.
  • 10-16-2016, 01:46 PM
Search is your friend.

Numerous threads on this same topic.
Wally World $10 tracphone, $20 airtime card 60 minutes,tripled depending on phone. 3 monthes for $30 total.
Comes with 120volt usb charger. Great deal, no information needed to activate.
+1 ^^^^
You've been a member here since 2011 and you don't know about hobby phones, haven't read any of the multiple threads, or don't know/too lazy to use the Search Function?

Most of your posts are asking questions. Why don't you go find a nice provider, get laid, and post a review?
I use Google Voice on my personal smart phone. It is easy to uninstall and reinstall as needed. It is linked to my hobby email only. I can also text from my computer with it, which is kind of nice. I can send and receive pics from my computer as well. I started out with a cheap trac phone but found texting to be a nightmare vs my smartphone. Originally Posted by hermanhaspender
Google Voice or the text free app. Both work the same. No need for a second phone and both are free. Install when needed and uninstall after you're done.
Google Voice or the text free app. Both work the same. No need for a second phone and both are free. Install when needed and uninstall after you're done. Originally Posted by slinmo
I like the Textfree over GV.

GV you cant send images and no text strings...

Textfree can be used on the web as well like GV.(Pinger)
Ever since the Breaking Bad episode where he slipped and told his wife he had a second phone, I NEVER have a hobby phone. I use sideline. Not sure if it's on android, I have an iPhone, but I like sideline. Allows me to both text and make calls, and keep my second number.