America is not broke...

Oh great. Now Midnight's post-stalking himself. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
LOL!
Oh great. Now Midnight's post-stalking himself. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
I guess I'm sort of new to post-stalking. Just now getting the hang of it.

But I've been stalking my right hand since about 1962!
Campaign limits are really the ultimate incumbent protection act. They only make sense where there are strong term limits. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Nothing wrong with incumbent in executive branch. You actually want consistency in that office. If things are not going well, they eventually get voted out and if things go really bad, you impeach. Did you read the whole post? The ultimate term limits would be in legislative assemblies: all citizens serve like jury duty--no campaigns.

Kind of like the first constitutional congress.
Puff
Food costs are going up because we are burning food in our cars. How fucking stupid is that. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Nice Try.

Food cost are sky high because we allow speculative investors in the market rather than actual buyers and sellers. This was compounded in 1991 when Sachs-Goldman was given their special hedge exception status.

In other words (nod to Texas Rich) when the shit really hits the fan when the rest of the world decides the American Dollar is no longer the reserve currency (oil is traded in something other than the dollar) then our economy will really tank.

When that happens, I hope every ADHD daytrader gets caught holding the bag and the actual futures rules are strongly enforced and the future you were so clever to "spec" on is delivered in actual goods rather than dollars:

I picture a truck with somebody like the Miller High Life delivery guy storming in with his dolly:

"Here are your five tons of pork bellies and six barrels of oil, fuckstain. Better figure out where to store this in your condo."
In other words (nod to Texas Rich) when the shit really hits the fan when the rest of the world decides the American Dollar is no longer the reserve currency (oil is traded in something other than the dollar) then our economy will really tank.

When that happen, I hope every ADHD daytrader gets caught holding the bag and the actual rules are enforced and the future you were so clever to "spec" on is delivered in actual goods rather than dollars:

I picture a truck with somebody like the Miller High Life delivery guy storming in with his dolly:

"Here are your five tons of pork bellies and six barrels of oil, fuckstain. Better figure out were you are going to fit that shit in your condo." Originally Posted by phatdaty
i know a few day traders and I've never met one that traded on the commodoties market. But they really made the small and mid caps bets on the tinees. Some dabled in forex, but it was the small sharp moves of the small caps that made their hearts beat.
PUFF
So you think we should allow folks that have no stake in the marketplace (the buying or selling of actual goods) to treat it as their own personal online poker game?

It is pretty sad that the neighborhood gas station now needs a digital sign to keep up with the impact of speculation on the market as adrenaline junkies pound away at their keyboard every time CNN has a "special" report.