She turns to leave and I turn right to pick up my jacket from my stool. I put my left arm in and then a very sore right arm follows. Glancing left I see brute #2 lunge for Little with a knife. But before he gets close I plug him with two 9mm slugs. Little turns sharply and then stares at me. She is flushed because of all people it was me that saved her life. Her face gets redder if that's possible and she grits her teeth.
I saw that.” I say without thinking. She turns away so I cannot see her face. Of course I smile.
Fuck yeah” I think.

I study her ass as she navigates to the door. I didn't notice before that her clothes, no her uniform was tailored for her. I look for thug #1. Make sure he's down I think. My ears are ringing. The smoke chokes my nostrils. Things the movies don't show you. I'm still alive I think. I refuse to think of my extended family. Training be damned but it works.

I follow her outside and she rounds the car and glances very coolly at me before she enters. I go for the door handle but it doesn’t open. Instinctively I want to kick at the car but instead I raise my collar and turn left and start walking not looking back . “Bitch!” Is all I think. I can hear it start. A fine engineered sound that only someone who knows can appreciate. Along with the pelting rain I can hear the rumble and whine of her engine as she leaves. A few steps later I turn and while walking backwards I see a black sedan pull from the opposite curb and slowly follow her.

God damn it!”
I stop and remove the clip from my gun. I fill the spent rounds and take the few seconds to police my brass and only then start forward through the rain. “SOAB!” I mutter.
No fucking way am I going to let some rote agent take out Little. Not after this.
I pick up speed and remember that pace and endurance beats speed. It has to. It has to.
I round the corner and I can see her going out of sight with them in pursuit. “Fuck,
Son of a bitch.”

I rest my hands on my knees and try to think. My only link is Open's card.