I get my cell but my right arm hurts like hell.
I take out my glasses and punch in the numbers. It rings twice and Open answers curtly.
I need you now!” I shout. I press the phone tighter to my ear. “Who is this?” she says.
Your sis dropped me off but now she's in trouble.” I shout. “She has my fucking car!” she says.
I stop to catch my breath. I stand to look but of course there's no cabs to be seen. “Damn!”
The best I can do is make my way in the direction she was going.
She's headed uptown but she's got a tail!” I shout into the phone. Before I can close the call I can hear Open shouting something at me. “What?” I ask. “Stay there!” is all she says and the line goes dead. “Arrrr.”

In what seems like an eternity later a yellow Checker pulls to the curb. There's no need for me to look in. Only Open would still have a classic like this. After entering the cavernous back area I barely have time to grab hold before I'm pressed into the seat once again. “You better have more to tell me then what I already know.” Open snarls.

I want to help her too.” I say. “She went that way then I lost her when she veered left.”
She's going to pick up her regular.” says Open. “I know where we'll find her.” Even way back here I can sense the fear in Opens words.
She's going to be OK Open.” I say.
No answer.
Leaning forward I see where Open is headed. A large building to our right. All lit up from below with large stone pillars. And only 2 cars parked out front this late at night.
She slows the car but before it comes to a stop I open then the door and I'm on the run to the nearest shadow. I pull back the slide to make sure my gun is ready. Just to be sure.
Resting with my back against a stone pillar I catch my breath. It's cold and for a moment I'm thinking I'd rather be at home with a cold beer playing online instead of this shit.

Turning, I use the pillar as cover and I see Open running up the steps quickly towards the noise. “Damnit!”
I round the pillar on the building side and make my way forward.
I hurry using the building side for cover.
I can hear muffled sounds and then a whimper.

Surprisingly my hands don't shake because they've been here many times before. And that doesn't bring me a smile.
I see that little is down and Open is beating to mush some poor bastard dressed in black.
I grab her arm and tell her to stop. “It's over.” I say. I turn my head left and see Little's bloodied face in the early morning light. She looks peaceful enough but Open begins to wail. I reach to comfort her but Open shrugs me off. Who can blame her.