PM content

I would like to inquire about opinions or rules on this topic: "Open" discussion in PM's between a provider and client who have met and are comfortable with each other. Is it safe as far as being secure? encouraged, or discouraged? I am trying to learn the do's and dont's of PM etiquette, and more importantly, practice safely and appropriately. Sure it is private messging, but does it carry the same security and confidentiality as BCD (Premium access)? Are there site mandates that prohibit such? I do not feel comfortable doing something like that via free email accounts or texting, and I was wondering if it is acceptable here within private messaging.

Please direct me to a link if this has been discussed already.

Thanks for any input and help.

Ciao
The PM's are secure. The board rules still apply to there use. I would suggest reading up on them so as not to violate them.
Also, while you're studying the rules, just note that it's not appropriate to share the content of the message with anyone on this board on a post. What is written in a PM is confidential.

The only exception to this rule is if someone is using the PM system to send threats or other type of messages that are in violation of the eccie guidelines. If this ever happens, please report this to a moderator or admin.

Good question!!!

Elisabeth