Trying to clear a few concerns up

Ok so I'm trying to "gain some clout" among providers as soon as possible since I'm going to be renting a hotel in a few days and I want to be able to call out some company, but I am having problems finding someone to see me since I'm still a newbie at this. I have scanned the forums and found a few things out like joining Ter and P411 and datecheck, and alternative screening. But then I start reading about things like grabbing a burner phone and leaving no paper trails. So I have to ask if I am going to join something like P411 or TER which requires a credit card then what would be the point of having the burner phone or taking any other precautions, since they are the most traceable. Also with alternate screening I know it happens in the form of a call to the job but for jobs like mine where they monitor calls(we've actually had people get fired for their conversations on the work phones) exactly what happens during these calls. I have a few other concerns but for the most part these are my main ones.
You do not have to have a credit card in your name to join anything. Buy a pre-paid card like green dot.

Good luck,
Ok but wouldn't a prepaid card still require your personal info like name address and ss#
Ok but wouldn't a prepaid card still require your personal info like name address and ss# Originally Posted by maica22010
Yes, but you can always try giving them a fake one. If it doesn't go, or something similiar, most of the sites have alternate payment methods.

As for the call bit, they usually just want to call and see if they can get transferred to you. I knew a few who would ask who they should claim to be fom (I.e. microsoft, intel, blue cross, etc) when they called the front desk. Then when they reached you, you and her would have had something minor to talk about already set. It was all just part of an act.

I also know a few who would just google the work number provided, or call it and see if they could be transferred to your extension then hang up when they were.
ok so it's better to just go for an alternate method, with providers. but paranoia is still keeping me away from something like p411 until I could find some way to not risk to much info getting an account.
ok so it's better to just go for an alternate method, with providers. but paranoia is still keeping me away from something like p411 until I could find some way to not risk to much info getting an account. Originally Posted by maica22010
You seem like an honest person and in this case you are thinking like an honest person would.

Do not let an assumption that you will have to divulge personal information stop you from proceeding. Always give false information until you can not go any further in the registration protocol; whether it is pre-paid debit cards or registering with a site.

I have never been stopped by any registration process....... how do they know what is truth and do they really care?

Good luck
  • ~Ze~
  • 02-08-2012, 05:33 AM
You should be able to pay for certain sites with what is called a "vanilla visa"... its like a gift card, prepaid, and all you really need to do is register the card online with a zip code. Doesn't even have to be yours.

Notice I said "should".

I know on P411, it lists "NO Visa Gift Cards can be accepted at this time." - I wonder if it is just VanillaVisa or if MasterCard gift cards are blocked too....

Per P411 -
Payment Options - $89.00 per year membership fee (Gentlemen Only)
MasterCard or Visa
NO Visa Gift Cards can be accepted at this time.
Western Union Quick Collect
StormPay
Money Order

Money Order

He should be able to send money that way without divulging any personal information. However, sending a Money Order might not be feasible because he needs his P411 in a few days
It will be OK....really it will....come to Dallas if you don't believe it!
A.
[QUOTE=~Ze~;2148225]You should be able to pay for certain sites with what is called a "vanilla visa"... its like a gift card, prepaid, and all you really need to do is register the card online with a zip code. Doesn't even have to be yours.

Thanks I guess I could always go this route and see if joining some site other than p411 would get me by for a while.
Wow, this man is flying 4 reviews in 5 days......You have your providers Oks now, so you should be good to go.........Have Fun!
Per P411 -
Payment Options - $89.00 per year membership fee (Gentlemen Only)
MasterCard or Visa
NO Visa Gift Cards can be accepted at this time.
StormPay
Money Order Originally Posted by ~Ze~
Funny - StormPay has been out of business since 2006 . . .
1 - you do not have to worry about giving information to P411. Their business is discretion, and they are good at it. They will call claiming to be who you ask them to be. "Hello Mr. Jones, this is Acme Wigets are you interested in any term life insurance? No? That's fine. Nice talking to you. Once they confirm all, they will destroy all of the info. You are left verified. Now just get the plus 1 or 2 and you are gold.

2 - I selectively give employment information to Providers, but only to the very high end. This is much riskier that P411. Much. (try serving a subpoena internationally) I think it's reasonable for the very high end. I don't worry about the ladies with a long history and obvious professionalism. Don't recommend this without solid data from mult sources that they are reliable.

3 - you next big risk is getting busted. Unlikely with providers who screen, but possible. Follow all the rules

4 - if you have a tight time framework, I advise go with the high end ladies. This will get your feel wet, they can lead you though your first encounters. Plus, they are far less likely to flak out on you. An additional plus, is they tend to be more organized and better trusted references.

just my two cents.