Memorial Day Weekend

This is our weekend to honor and remember those who did not make it back!

I always take a moment to remember my Mom's brother.

To me personally, Memorial Day would not be Memorial Day without me remembering the 58,282 American soldiers who died in Nam.

RIP, my brothers!
A special thanks to all who served but this weekend is for those that died in the service of our nation so that we can still gather, speak our minds without fear, and live in freedom without oppression.
My hope is that the American citizens will remember this and honor their sacrifice and demand that our government does the same..
This is our weekend to honor and remember those who did not make it back!

I always take a moment to remember my Mom's brother.

To me personally, Memorial Day would not be Memorial Day without me remembering the 58,282 American soldiers who died in Nam.

RIP, my brothers! Originally Posted by bigtex
Fucking aye.
I always remember your mother's brother too.

We should take a moment every weekend but this is their weekend.
  • CJ7
  • 05-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Salute !

God Speed, Matthew ... Karbala 04

To my uncle who was on Pearl when it was bombed.
To me personally, Memorial Day would not be Memorial Day without me remembering the 58,282 American soldiers who died in Nam. Originally Posted by bigtex
And those who did who have suffered a long, painful journey to their death afterwards.
Remembering my three uncles, all brothers, Bill, Pete, and Lowell who saw WW II, Korea, and Vietnam. They all came home. Go Airborne!

and my cousins who have all seen the sandbox and returned as well (fingers crossed).
I Thank them and Think of our fallen men, often. Thanks Men!

Here's a song for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9TNG8IQNI
Bump. Just because.
Bump, again. Just because.
Here's a song for them. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Airborne!

Bump, again. Just because. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Why? Just because!
Why? Originally Posted by bigtex
Least some believe this weekend is about auto racing.
The Indy 500 is a shell of its former self......eliminating the ability to engineer machines that are faster, stronger, and better than the competition has become a pitiful excuse for glorification NASCAR style racing.

My son is a Marine and I pray for his safety daily. My father was Navy in WWII.
I celebrate those that died for freedom and mourn those that died for political cause.
And those who did who have suffered a long, painful journey to their death afterwards. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Very true and very sad! I have heard it said that those who fought and died in Vietnam were much luckier than the Vets who died after the long, painful journey ended.

Their names are not on the Wall!
Their names are not on the Wall! Originally Posted by bigtex
Many are on my mind.

Now we have a new generation of damaged minds.

Three generations in our life times: