Samoa Air to charge passengers by the pound.

I suppose this was inevitable - big airline passengers to be charged by the pound:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...assengers.html

Samoa has one of the highest rates of obesity in the world.

Key quote:

"The Pacific national airline is creating a wider row on its aircrafts for passengers who weigh more than 286 pounds (130 kilograms). Samoa has one of the world's highest rates of obesity.

The airline's head, Chris Langton, said the XL row would be extended by 12 to 14 inches and the changes would be introduced by the end of the week."
Hope provider don't .
I wonder how they will verify? Force the customer to step up on a scale, along with their luggage, at the ticket counter?
they have to weigh in as they check their bags, how fucking embarrassing is that.
Yeah, they can't possibly be thinking about doing it that way...I dunno...seems like they would have to take them somewhere private and do it. Great news for the people behind them in the line. Plus, how does that process get initiated by the ticket agent?

"Excuse me ma'am, but you look like you are closing in on 287 lbs. and qualify to sit in one of our special airplane seats for chubbos. How much do you weigh?"
  • CJ7
  • 06-18-2013, 01:24 PM
That'll be $38,765.00 ...one way

I wonder how they will verify? Force the customer to step up on a scale, along with their luggage, at the ticket counter? Originally Posted by timpage
Your new avatar beats all hell out of the guy with the camera.

Who is she?
is that plane even fit to carry a bunch of Samoans?

• CJ7
  • 06-18-2013, 03:58 PM
is that plane even fit to carry a bunch of Samoans?

Originally Posted by JCM800
yup, cargo plane
is that plane even fit to carry a bunch of Samoans Originally Posted by JCM800
yup, cargo plane Originally Posted by CJ7
Yes, but only one Samoan at a time.
  • CJ7
  • 06-18-2013, 05:25 PM
snick

planes like that have a mtow of about 4,000 lbs ... or 4 Samoans , 3 if they just ate lunch ... whichever comes first
Not political. Move to Sandbox! ;-)
Many Samoans are/can be a large type of people. I have Samoan friends and relatives and let me say that they are legit linebackers. But size isn't necessarily fat. Think of The Rock, he is huge and Samoan and black (lethal mix imo). Actually Samoan is fast becoming the new "black" at least in terms of sheer size and athletic ability. A football team is 50(!) times more likely to draft a Samoan player than a black one. Their strength and endurance and just massive build is out of this world, and the fact that their population is so small? Liquid Gold on the field.

One of my Best friends is a Samoan/Tongan mix and she and her family are a bunch of friggin line backers. She has some smaller/average sized relatives but for the most part they have bulk, which is nice, people don't mess with me when I'm around her lol.

http://www.gazettetimes.com/sports/b...a4bcf887a.html
Not political. Move to Sandbox! ;-) Originally Posted by gnadfly
a mod in training?

Actually, if you don't support efforts to curb obesity, theni suppose this issue isn't political. But as I recall, some of then"loyal opposition" voiced their displeasure of Michelle Obama's anti-obesity efforts...

Might even have been you gonad fly...