What is with all this FKN snow

I feel like I have moved to Green Bay.
Climate change. Get used to extremes.
I'm just getting ready to go out and shovel..again!! I WILL have a heart attack here eventually if this continues!
I prefer the original name; global warming! You have to listen to a former VP when he talk about things that he has not training in. I think I saw Al Gore last night at 3 AM doing an infomercial for some new cleaing product.
  • JS42
  • 03-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Global warming/climate change is such a freaking joke. A huge con game at it's best. Hell, it's snowed here in early May before.
No way JS42, its the freaking capitolist pigs in the oil company, they have developed a snow seeding system that has increased the amount of snow and cold temprature to force the sheepeople to turn their termostates up creating a greater need for electricity and heating oil, of course reaping millions in return so that they can continue to light their cigars with $100.00 bills. But have no fear the progressives are hear to save the day. Just as soon as they figure out how they can tax the top 99% they will increase the climate change war drums and destroy any and all who wish to profit in this country, remember this, if you make 3 dollars more than your expenditures you should be giving that to the poor and needy, its just unamerican for one person to have more than the next, so just keep that in mind pal LOL.

Or it could be mother nature being mother nature !
  • JS42
  • 03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Freaking classic DD. I suspect a certain old "mutual friend" of ours will slide by to tell us how wrong we are.
All I know is - DAMN YOU KAYLEN!!!!! You are all nice and warm out there in Cali and I'm back here freezing my tits off!!!!!! Damn you!
At least we are ready for snow ie snowplows and salt.
These secondary roads can be a mf though.
Travel plans can be rough from one day to the next.
Hard to set up a date when it might be slick as hell the day of.
come here and ill put them in my mouth and keep them nice and warm
All I know is - DAMN YOU KAYLEN!!!!! You are all nice and warm out there in Cali and I'm back here freezing my tits off!!!!!! Damn you! Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
  • KCJoe
  • 03-24-2013, 12:45 PM
I say bring it on. The more snow the better. We need to get as much moisture in the ground as possible. The drought that started last year is still with us and there will be dior consequences if it continues.
If you deny climate change at this point, you are either someone who just takes pride in being deliberately ignorant, or you are in the pay of industries in whose best interest it is to deny overwhelming scientific evidence (like the tiny handful of "scientists" who still pretend there is some doubt on this issue). I'd strongly recommend not relying on Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Fox News as primary sources for your scientific information.

Of course it's snowed in March before. But whereas in the past significant snow accumulation in March was a rarity, we've seen three events in a single year. Climate change doesn't necessarily mean it just gets hotter. It means there is more energy in the atmosphere, and that means more extreme events of all kinds on a more regular basis, and that those extreme events will likely be more extreme than those in the past.
If you deny climate change at this point, you are either someone who just takes pride in being deliberately ignorant, or you are in the pay of industries in whose best interest it is to deny overwhelming scientific evidence (like the tiny handful of "scientists" who still pretend there is some doubt on this issue). I'd strongly recommend not relying on Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Fox News as primary sources for your scientific information.

Of course it's snowed in March before. But whereas in the past significant snow accumulation in March was a rarity, we've seen three events in a single year. Climate change doesn't necessarily mean it just gets hotter. It means there is more energy in the atmosphere, and that means more extreme events of all kinds on a more regular basis, and that those extreme events will likely be more extreme than those in the past. Originally Posted by Adeptus32

Holey Mackerel Batman if you are going to these idiots for your info you will be classified as sheep. If you want the real truth look to images from space seeing the recline in ice, or see the polar bears and penguins are finding less area to stand. Yes I know they are on oppisate sides of earth.
It's far from a "tiny handful of scientists" that question climate change. Also, the huge number of "scientists" that are trying to silence anyone who questions their theories is enough to make me question their true motives.

This is a tactic of liberals to just say that there is no longer any question when, in actuality, there is. We've all experienced weird weather before, from October surprises to mid May snowstorms. It happens. It doesn't necessarily mean that we puny humans are affecting the weather.
It's logic really...There are more people, factories and vehicles every year...
There ain't no way the planet cannot be heating up...no way..we are constantly increasing the output of heat...

I can't really say if it's a good or bad thing but it is getting warmer..