Hobby phone question

Are the prepaid phones best for this purpose? Do they require credit card info? Any recommendations?
Thanks.
the search button is your friend
there are several threads on this subject. tracfone is a pretty good option and can be bought/paid for with cash.
Bought my Net10 phone at Best Buy and paid cash. I reload it for $30.00 and that gets you 60 days and 300 minutes. The time always expires first for me.
ive used boost for clients, they dont require i.d. so you can put any name on the phone and you get unlimited calls/texts cheaper then the prepaid phones.
I forgot about the search button, thanks for the info.
  • bbkid
  • 03-22-2011, 07:02 AM
ive used boost for clients, they dont require i.d. so you can put any name on the phone and you get unlimited calls/texts cheaper then the prepaid phones. Originally Posted by Sweet Mandy
Interesting. Thanks, I will check them out.
The Best Buy near where I live has a very nice young lady working in the phone section. She is about 19 years old and very cute and friendly. I told her exactly what I was looking for and what I was going to do with it. She looked at my wedding ring and then smiled slyly. She started filling out the paperwork and where it asked for a name or any other info she put in the store's address etc. She activated it and handed it to me and said "have fun". HaHa. It's a small phone that fits into a glasses case. Very covert.
I highly recommend prepaid T-Mobile for your hobby phone. No charge for daily access - you only pay for the minutes you use, and if you buy 1000 minutes for $100, they last a year.
I use Tracfone. Works for me fine but I am not on it that much.
I have boost as well and It is the best and its cheap and they have a thing if you pay your bill on time you payment is only 35 a month after 6 months...
Interesting. Thanks, I will check them out. Originally Posted by bbkid
Im shocked that an experienced guy like yourself doesnt have such a phone. LOL I got one that cost my only $10 a month that I use for nothing but hobbying and UTRs. Best investment I ever made.
  • bbkid
  • 03-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Im shocked that an experienced guy like yourself doesnt have such a phone. LOL I got one that cost my only $10 a month that I use for nothing but hobbying and UTRs. Best investment I ever made. Originally Posted by Phil A.Cheaux
Oh, I have a hobby-phone, Phil. But, I text and talk on it alot and it gets kinda expensive at times. Would be interested in hearing what you've got that only costs $10. a month. I spend more than that in a week with my pre-paid!!!
I highly recommend prepaid T-Mobile for your hobby phone. No charge for daily access - you only pay for the minutes you use, and if you buy 1000 minutes for $100, they last a year. Originally Posted by blowpop
And if you renew your minutes before that year is up any unused minutes roll over.
I use straight talk from Walmart. Gives you the most minutes for less. It's the best deal.