Have any of you been on a game show?

Over the holidays, I watched a few episodes of "The Price is Right" and just thought, wow ... how fun would that be?

Anyone tried to get on a game show? Any game show?
Over the holidays, I watched a few episodes of "The Price is Right" and just thought, wow ... how fun would that be?

Anyone tried to get on a game show? Any game show? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Sort of. Back in the late 1960s / early 1970s, a local TV station ran a show called "Exercise in Knowledge." High schools sent four-person teams. It was one of those quick-on-the-buzzer deals, patterned after "College Bowl" -- another blast from the past, there. It was fun. Kind of cool to see what actually goes on at a local TV station. I was shocked to see that the on-air folks mostly all smoked in the studio, when off-air. Of course, this was way back in the day, when everybody smoked everywhere. In some ways, the "good old days" weren't.

Took the online test for "Jeopardy" a few years back. Didn't make the cut. I knew a fair number of the items, but I think I was way too slow. Hard to tell when you watch the show, because you can't see when they hit the button, but I think the successful contestants don't let but a few words escape Alex's lips before they're mashing down the button.
OMG so much fun, I went on the Price is Right back in the Bob Barker days and we had so much fun! A guy in our group actually went to the showcase but lost lol! The best part was during the breaks Bob would talk to different groups in the audience and once my group got his attention we kept yelling say it say it! Welp...he looked at the stage manager she nodded her head yes, he looked back our way and yelled back "The price is wrong bitch" everyone died laughing it was a great time! I want to go back...My family tired out for family feud but lets just say if I go back again I'll have to rent a family to actually make it on the show
... he looked back our way and yelled back "The price is wrong bitch" everyone died laughing it was a great time! I want to go back...My family tired out for family feud but lets just say if I go back again I'll have to rent a family to actually make it on the show
Originally Posted by Priscilla St. James
But that was Adam Sandler's line, wasn't it? Bob should've said, "Now you've had enough ... BITCH!"

If you're renting a family for FF, I'd be plausible as your dad, maybe (or I would be if I were better-looking). And my rental rates are super-cheap. Keep me in mind!
Tried out for Jeopardy years ago. Easier to do at home in front of a tv than when a camera is pointed at you.
Also once tried out for American Gladiators. Made it past the first two trials. Barely made it past the pushups on fingertips.
One of the attendees actually got on the show and later became a Gladiator also.
But that was Adam Sandler's line, wasn't it? Bob should've said, "Now you've had enough ... BITCH!"

If you're renting a family for FF, I'd be plausible as your dad, maybe (or I would be if I were better-looking). And my rental rates are super-cheap. Keep me in mind! Originally Posted by James1588

Well either way to hear Bob say it was classic and funny as hell! And sure James you can be my daaaddy
Ok EW,
Why am I now thinking of a game show in a dungeon?

And the Mel Brooks History of the World movie dungeon skit is going through my mind.

Anyone tried to get on a game show? Any game show? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
The Price Is Right actually goes "on tour":

http://priceisrightlive.com/
...Took the online test for "Jeopardy" a few years back. Didn't make the cut. I knew a fair number of the items, but I think I was way too slow. Hard to tell when you watch the show, because you can't see when they hit the button, but I think the successful contestants don't let but a few words escape Alex's lips before they're mashing down the button. Originally Posted by James1588
Years ago, I had considered trying out for Jeopardy but no longer. I simply don't have the snap to deal with the nervousness, etc.

But you trying out for the show is SO cool!!!

A few weeks ago, I did some research about being on a game show and there are websites, similar to this one (well, a Vbulletin board, not like THIS one!) that specializes in people who wish to try out for the show.

It's massive! Also lists ALL of the questions ever asked on Jeopardy plus has stats on the type of questions asked, etc.

It's easy to find but I don't remember the site address.

Love that show!!! Wonder how Alex is doing after having some sort of brain injury?

Warmly,
Elisabeth
OMG so much fun, I went on the Price is Right back in the Bob Barker days and we had so much fun! A guy in our group actually went to the showcase but lost lol! The best part was during the breaks Bob would talk to different groups in the audience and once my group got his attention we kept yelling say it say it! Welp...he looked at the stage manager she nodded her head yes, he looked back our way and yelled back "The price is wrong bitch" everyone died laughing it was a great time! I want to go back...My family tired out for family feud but lets just say if I go back again I'll have to rent a family to actually make it on the show
Originally Posted by Priscilla St. James
Wow. What a great memory!!!

I used to adore Bob Barker back when. Too bad he was a dirty old man who bordered on being a sexual predator. Wait. I take that back, he WAS bad about sexually harassing his coworkers, wasn't he?

Still, just seems like going on the show would be as fun as it could be!!!

Thanks for the input, everyone!!!

Hugs,
Elisabeth
The Price Is Right actually goes "on tour":

http://priceisrightlive.com/ Originally Posted by hittinit
I'll look that up! Was considering going to California and just trying to attend a taping.

I really like Drew Cary, too.
Wife and I went to NY and tried out for Who Wants to be a Millionaire. We passed the written trivia test (something like 15% actually pass) but must have flunked the one-on-one interviews since we didn't make the cut.

A co-worker of mine did make it on the show back when Regis was the host. Did fairly well. Won $1.8 million.

Sample question on our test: What was the real name of Hawkeye Pierce on MASH?
Wife and I went to NY and tried out for Who Wants to be a Millionaire. We passed the written trivia test (something like 15% actually pass) but must have flunked the one-on-one interviews since we didn't make the cut.

A co-worker of mine did make it on the show back when Regis was the host. Did fairly well. Won $1.8 million.

Sample question on our test: What was the real name of Hawkeye Pierce on MASH? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
That is very fun!!! How did your friend win 1.8 million? Thought that the ultimate prize was one million?

Either way, that is a lot of mula.

I still would like to go to a taping of the show. Might have a heart attack if I was picked but having that experience of being on the show would be so much fun!!!

I've just never considered working in California, other than the San Francisco or San Juan area, which I have been to in the past and loved it. And I mean, LOVED it.

Do you think that a lot of people make a special trip to be on "The Price is Right?"

Seems like they must.

Happy Saturday!
Elisabeth
That is very fun!!! How did your friend win 1.8 million? Thought that the ultimate prize was one million?

Either way, that is a lot of mula.

I still would like to go to a taping of the show. Might have a heart attack if I was picked but having that experience of being on the show would be so much fun!!!

I've just never considered working in California, other than the San Francisco or San Juan area, which I have been to in the past and loved it. And I mean, LOVED it.

Do you think that a lot of people make a special trip to be on "The Price is Right?"

Seems like they must.

Happy Saturday!
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
There hadn't been a million dollar winner on Who Wants to be a Millionaire in a long time so the producers added $10,000 for each show there was not an ultimate winner. Eventually the prize got up to $1.86 million. My friend got home from work one day and there was the check tucked under his front door mat.