Ultra-paranoid? Time to give up!

Ok, all you hyper-paranoid hobbiests and providers. I'm talking to you guys with the multiple hobby phones with Google-voice and anonymizing apps and Internet relays and whatever other ludicrous steps you go through trying to avoid getting caught by Uncle Leo, et. al.
It's time to give it up, you've already lost the battle. Apparently the government can look into whatever you've been up to anytime it wants and there's not much you can do about. The link below about news released today bey Kaspersky Labs provides some of the details.
Apparently, the NSA has loaded spyware directly into the firmware on your hard drives, and has been doing so for over a decade.
You're screwed. Turn off the computer, destroy your drives with a hammer or chipper tools, and go back to the days of getting your entertainment the old-fashioned analog ways of newspapers, movie theaters, bars, etc.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...ram/ar-BBhE3Fx
Pretty disturbing news in terms of privacy violation, but I don't think the NSA cares at all about American hobbyists. Their mission is to spy on foreign governments, especially the middle-east, far east, and Russia.
Oh, I don't either. Just giving the foil hat brigade something else to worry about.
If only they would of known of a agency called the IRS there hard drives just -poof- came up missing ?
Pretty disturbing news in terms of privacy violation, but I don't think the NSA cares at all about American hobbyists. Their mission is to spy on foreign governments, especially the middle-east, far east, and Russia. Originally Posted by squashhead
Agreed. If this helps protect our country and the world from very real threats, I’m all for it. I.e., disrupting terrorist cells on our soil.

Do whatever it takes!
[QUOTE=The Drummer;1056422787]Agreed. If this helps protect our country and the world from very real threats, I’m all for it. I.e., disrupting terrorist cells on our soil.

Do whatever it takes![/QUOTE

The most effective counter intelligence tool in the history of man is a prostitute.

That being typed by me must state i have no intelligence trying to point that out.

Glad i could be of help
[QUOTE=slickahhughs;1056422848]
Agreed. If this helps protect our country and the world from very real threats, I’m all for it. I.e., disrupting terrorist cells on our soil.

Do whatever it takes![/QUOTE

The most effective counter intelligence tool in the history of man is a prostitute.

That being typed by me must state i have no intelligence trying to point that out.

Glad i could be of help Originally Posted by The Drummer
hi
so long as there are security threats ISIS Al Quaida Russia etc... the NSA will focus efforts and spying on them, not a bunch of dicks trying to get some pussy...
If they try to do that I bet they will have to furlough their employees like they are doing now in DHS!!!
hi
so long as there are security threats ISIS Al Quaida Russia etc... the NSA will focus efforts and spying on them, not a bunch of dicks trying to get some pussy...
If they try to do that I bet they will have to furlough their employees like they are doing now in DHS!!!
figures...lol
One of the funniest threads on ECCIE was titled "Hobbyists Who Wear Disguises"....yep, guys actually wear disguises to incalls to hide their identity.

And there were a couple of guys who admitted they were paranoid about a provider capturing personal information so they arrived with phony plates on their vehicles - essentially turning their appointment into a felony.
I can understand..

For the initial break-in-period.. folks are a bit paranoid, and I guess that's normal...

I recall, when I started, I used to patrol the in-call for an hr before the appt.
used to escape on weird routes and back roads on the way back... :-)

SJ
I can understand..

For the initial break-in-period.. folks are a bit paranoid, and I guess that's normal...

I recall, when I started, I used to patrol the in-call for an hr before the appt.
used to escape on weird routes and back roads on the way back... :-)

SJ Originally Posted by sjdude
+++111
It's all conjecture anyway, unless one can prove that Tab A went into Slot B.

"Yeah, I was at her incall. We talked about basket weaving, frog jumping, and how to balance a pole on your nose. Then I left."
One of the funniest threads on ECCIE was titled "Hobbyists Who Wear Disguises"....yep, guys actually wear disguises to incalls to hide their identity.

And there were a couple of guys who admitted they were paranoid about a provider capturing personal information so they arrived with phony plates on their vehicles - essentially turning their appointment into a felony. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

I couldnt help but think of peter sellers in the pink panther when i read this .