Unfortunate PM

This morning I received a PM from a provider I'd been corresponding with; she informed me that she had cancelled her Houston trip due to the harassment she'd received in the forums here.

Guys, Eccie isn't YMWV. I wish you'd stop treating it like it was.

All you're accomplishing is to give hobbyists in Houston a bad reputation. And you're reducing the number of providers that we can enjoy.
Have some Valentines cake.
This morning I received a PM from a provider I'd been corresponding with; she informed me that she had cancelled her Houston trip due to the harassment she'd received in the forums here.

Guys, Eccie isn't YMWV. I wish you'd stop treating it like it was.

All you're accomplishing is to give hobbyists in Houston a bad reputation. And you're reducing the number of providers that we can enjoy. Originally Posted by blowpop

I hope you got your deposit back.
I hope you got your deposit back. Originally Posted by boardman
My father raised no fools; I never pay any sort of contractor in advance.
My father raised no fools; I never pay any sort of contractor in advance. Originally Posted by blowpop

Well then,
I hate to break it to you but you have just as much culpability in her cancellation as anyone considering he pre-booking policy.
If she were really as booked as she said she was do you thinck she would cancel over that much money. Especially seeing how important it was to medical expenses and all.
She canceled because she didn't have any prepaid bookings and wasn't willing to risk the trip. Looks like a lot of our fathers didn't raise fools.
But, she just played you as her puppet to leave her last parting shot at us.
WHAT?! You guys don't pay pre-bookings?
You should be thancking us BP, if the back channel info is even half right, if it isn't then we will go out of our way to find you some UTR goodness to make up for it.
I wish I knew who this thread was addressed to...because half of the Houston membership has posted something "not as glowing as it could be" in one of her five threads...

Just remember, for every hooker who cancels a trip down here for a stupid reason like she can't deal with things being typed about her on the Interwebs, fifty more are making their trips down here with no problems whatsoever...

I'm not proud someone cancelled, but I feel absolutely no remorse, nor any responsibility for her actions either...
NO PREPAY-NO ADVANCES!!!!! How many times have I heard about the broken car, sick kid, electric and/or water turned off. Pay as you go is the only way.
Father W, I don't have anyone to thank - I rarely if ever see travelling providers, and wasn't going to do so in this case.

(Boardman and others jumped to the conclusion that I was planning to book with this woman... kinda makes me wonder what other conclusions are jumped to based on sloppy research.)

I find it troubling that some of our more prolific posters (that sounds better than "attention whores", don't you think?) take it upon themselves to drive providers away based on some sort of circle jerk they're engaging in. Many folks have been known to be unhappy with mods if they start playing hobby police, but I fail to see a significant difference here.

My bottom line: Even if I don't want to see a particular provider, someone else very well might, and I don't see any honor in cockblocking. And that's what's going on.

IMO the guys who've been around for a while should know better.
Back channel info? Medical expenses? What's going on with that?
I don't see any honor in cockblocking. Originally Posted by blowpop
That's your first problem my friend...

"Look for honor in the real world and you'll be disappointed in how long it takes you to find it. Look for honor in the virtual world and you'll be dead without ever having found it." - Wakeup
Father W, I don't have anyone to thank - I rarely if ever see travelling providers, and wasn't going to do so in this case.

(Boardman and others jumped to the conclusion that I was planning to book with this woman... kinda makes me wonder what other conclusions are jumped to based on sloppy research.)

I find it troubling that some of our more prolific posters (that sounds better than "attention whores", don't you think?) take it upon themselves to drive providers away based on some sort of circle jerk they're engaging in. Many folks have been known to be unhappy with mods if they start playing hobby police, but I fail to see a significant difference here.

My bottom line: Even if I don't want to see a particular provider, someone else very well might, and I don't see any honor in cockblocking. And that's what's going on.

IMO the guys who've been around for a while should know better. Originally Posted by blowpop
He's not talking about me this time, fucktards.......I wasn't even here.......shame on all of you........hum along (you know the song).
I'm not proud someone cancelled, but I feel absolutely no remorse, nor any responsibility for her actions either... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I don't think you feel remorse about it at all. Heck, your signature line reveals some sort of pleasure with fucking with a provider who's gotten consistently good reviews.

I guess that's where we differ.

I view Eccie as a place to exchange information about providers. You and others seem to view this as some sort of a game... a game you're playing with these women's livelihoods, and with your fellow hobbyist's choices for entertainment.

Believe me, it would have been far easier for me just to smile and go along with what I watch go on here.

But what's going on isn't right, and I'm not going to sit by while a group of guys circle jerks all over everyone else.
This same provider posted in all kinds of threADs in Houston weeks before she was supposedly comming in an attempt to...what else can you say but ADvertise. Do we really thinck she cancelled her trip here because of a few heated discussions with other members on an SHMB even if she had so many prebookings? If that is really so then maybe she needs some thicker skin or a new line of work.