Injury Lawsuit involving a former Client

I was involved in a rollover accident with a Client/Friend The first week of January. I was injured enough that I need representation and I need to see how the accident will affect me legally, as the rental was in Both our names. Insurance companies are involved and I also need to make sure I dont get the shaft on liability or medical payments. There was negligence on his part and he was driving, and as a result of this and other factors we are no longer associating with one another. I am a little worried about being outed in some manner by him or his attorney should it go to court, and also am curious if this would be problematic to my case if put into play. Any advice, experience, or input from anyone helpful is appreciated, thanks!
You need an attorney who handles personal injury cases in your area. You should expect that the attorney would work on a contingency fee basis, meaning he/she would collect a percentage of any settlement or recovery. You would not pay the attorney up front, and he/she would help to ensure you get proper medical care without paying much or even anything now.

When seeking to hire any professional, I think it best to get referrals from people you know well and trust, such as family members and good friends. Ask around. It's probable someone you know was involved in an accident and hired an attorney. Meet with as many referrals as you can and ask lots of questions.

If that doesn't work, call your local bar association and ask for contact information for attorneys who do PI cases.

On the other hand, I don't suggest you consider referrals from Eccie members, be they providers or hobbyists, who you don't know well and trust. If you're approached by a 'lawyer' here, chances are he's a hobbyist on free pussy prowl whose entire knowledge of the law consists of watching a few episodes of 'Law and Order.'

Good luck.