Posting ads without posting an ad?

I have been curious about this for a while now... so I finally decided to ask. I have seen several posts that are pretty much advertising... not really for any other purpose so I am asking what is the protocol on this?
I know the rules on when you can post an ad and what days are VERY strict. But at what point does it make it ok to put an extra posting in the other forums ? Needing extra help? Menu changes for that day? Different hours? I am simply curious..

And on another note.. do these ads actually help? I haven't done one like that. When I was doing outcalls only, I ended up getting a room late one night and wanted to let everyone know. But never anything past that one time.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I was just curious.
Your "I got a room in town" is a perfect example. "So and so who used to work with me came to surprise visit me and we are doing last minute G on G" would be another. So is "my BF, SO whatever got called out of town and I have last minute night availability".

While there is a need for ad limitations - we dont want the board to turn into a spammy BP - the board is richer for legit PSA's such as the above examples.

Hard to draw the line sometimes, but we should err towards allowing PSA's - even if they sometimes read almost like ads.
very well put flinde.. there are things that pop up... and are unexpected. I am sure she is talking about my "ad" in the ISO. but its cool.

licks and kisses to all
You might want to put this thread into the "Ask the Moderators" forum. But what I see is girls ignoring or skirting the rules. I am ok with it, but I can see how other girls may question it.
If you post something that is interesting and unique it doesn't draw the "threAD" label nearly as quick as some others. It may still be a "threAD" but it appears someone put a little bit of thought into it.The "Happy Hump day" every week or "I can't believe it's Tuesday" or "Happy Monday" ect, ect, ect.... These types of post are absolutely retarded. They are clearly desinged to keep your name on page one of whatever forum you are posting in. IMO they should not be allowed.
THIS is the kind of crap I despise (regret that the pathetic ROS -- four sentences to describe two hours BCD?! -- isn't readable by everyone):

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=255532

Yup, this AD got MY attention: I'm definitely looking ELSEWHERE!
I can see how the other 95% of the ladies who follow the rules would question this also.

If the mods let these obvious ads continue the coed forum would be flooded with these types of postings.

This has been brought up about these theADs before and nothing ever seems to happen and also the talk of new area for just this type of last minute availability has been suggested but again it's not going to happen....

In protest, I think all the ladies should post last minute changes or hey look at me ads in coed for a week and lets see if the mods will finally cut this crap out of these silly posts or as everyone is calling them theADS.
Like most things that get some people all bent out of shape.. I really don't see the big deal. Given the choice of no posts at all to read or ladies starting threads to peak interest.. peak away.
Like most things that get some people all bent out of shape.. I really don't see the big deal. Given the choice of no posts at all to read or ladies starting threads to peak interest.. peak away. Originally Posted by PaganGuy
Perfect example of a "WK"
It would be a big deal if all the ladies did it.
ok i guess I will be the first to say that I am sorry for asking for something or putting something out there. its all good... I am also sorry for saying Monday and that I was thinking of ya'll on a day. (it had nothing to do with keeping my name out there) I guess I need t be a little bit more unperson-able, and I will curb what i post from here on out.

SORRY... GEEZ.
I absolutely loath the advertising in the welcome section by some new members. It is really irritating especially if they just cast a line and don't stick around. Those dead-end threads stay active for weeks especially if there is nice eye candy. Then you look at the last time the thread starter logged in was 3 weeks before and they only have two posts. Stop wasting your time. She is never coming back. She will never reply to your pm.
I think the providers who do this are lazy. If you change your number, cancel a tour, etc ask a mod to edit your last ad. The mod staff will do it if you ask nicely. Ads, should be IMO placed in the proper forum.

sixx
  • Mokoa
  • 07-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Here is what I think about such threads...

If they provide something relevant, I have no problem with them. By relevant, I am referring to things like changed phone numbers, availability of new pictures, pretty much anything that updates the information here and makes it more current.

Now if a provider wants to put a question to the members here, flirt with the members here, etc., there is nothing in the Forum Guidelines that prohibits such threads. So, it does not matter whether we like them or not, the reality is there are no grounds to not allow them or remove them.

As for the advertising that goes on in the Welcome/Introductions forum, Verified Providers are not allowed to do that. Ladies who are starting out and are not yet verified are allowed to post their first ad in that forum. They are not allowed to do it repeatedly.

At the top of every Provider Ad forum is a thread that spells out the guidelines for advertising. The thread in the Provider Ads forum here in SA can be found here...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=19227

If you suspect that a thread is an ad that does not conform the guidelines referenced in the above link, use the icon to report it to the staff and we will address it.
Mslove, you keep being yourself.. hatas gonna hate.
lol