Another difference between men and women

This isn't a joke, but a hopefully humorous event that happened last night. I was sitting at a local bar with one of my best friends, who is female. She was complaining that she hadn't gotten laid in three weeks (the poor dear!).

I said that she could have her pick of most any guy in the bar, because guys are sluts. She disagreed, saying that she was wearing sweats and no makeup. I said it didn't matter, she could get laid if she wanted to. She said, no, guys want girls to look nice and dress nice.

A few minutes later she got a text from one of her regular fuck buddies. This was about 11:30pm

Him: What are you doing?
Her: Nothing. What are you doing?
Him: Nothing. Want to come over?
Her: I'm in my sweats.
Him: Oh, ok. Raincheck?

She showed that to me as evidence that guys really did care how girls dressed. "See? I told him I didn't look nice and he bailed on me!"

I pointed out that it was 11:30 and she said she was in sweats. "He thinks you were turning him down because you are in bed already."

She didn't believe me, but 10 minutes later she was headed over to his place.

I thought that was a pretty clear example of how easy it is for men and women to miscommunicate.
I agree with you that the guy probably took her "I'm in sweats" comment to mean she was "in" for the night.