Sandra Bland, what really happened?

http://news.yahoo.com/da-too-early-k...071406087.html#
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/us/tex...est/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/22...top-escalated/

I am surprised that none of the faux bros or another social justice leftie has posted or mentioned this. A young black woman in Texas for a job at the college she graduated from is arrested from what started as an illegal lane change is found dead in her cell as a result of hanging. The authorities say that this was suicide but she had a new, dream job and was looking forward to her future. She had called her family several times telling them that she was injured during the arrest but, at this time, there is no report of any doctor checking her out. In the dash cam video she tell the state trooper that she has epilepsy and he slammed her head on the ground. His response, "good".
I heard about this last week and I only had her name. The story sounded bad and I think there is a cover up. A couple of days ago I found out that she was black when some outfit sent me an email saying "black lives matter". I sent back an answer that ALL lives matter.

So what say you? Did this short (someone had to say it) trooper overreact when he told a citizen to put out her cigarette in her own car, or when he violated a Supreme Court ruling when he told her to put down her phone (that she was trying to record the arrest with)? Or was all this on the up and up?
The police overstepped. I heard somewhere that the DA is investigating. I doubt if they would have treated a white woman in the same situation the same way.
I'll say what I always say. Anybody that gives attitude to the cops is gonna get their ass kicked.

"Yes, sir"

"No, Sir"

"Thank you, may I go now sir"

You fight with the cops, you're gonna get your ass kicked.
She's dead, Tim.
He overstepped his authority and should be at least suspended until we know more. How would you like to be told to "put out that cigarette" inside your own car? I can see that in California or New York City, but Texas? No matter how this turns out, he is in the wrong line of work.
  • WTF
  • 07-22-2015, 01:10 PM
I'll say what I always say. Anybody that gives attitude to the cops is gonna get their ass kicked.

"Yes, sir"

"No, Sir"

You fight with the cops, you're gonna get your ass kicked. Originally Posted by timpage
True

He overstepped his authority and should be at least suspended until we know more. How would you like to be told to "put out that cigarette" inside your own car? I can see that in California or New York City, but Texas? No matter how this turns out, he is in the wrong line of work. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
and true.

But do not convolute her arrest with her hanging herself. They are two separate things. I do not think she should have been arrested but I also do not think she was murdered.
True

and true.

But do not convolute her arrest with her hanging herself. They are two separate things. I do not think she should have been arrested but I also do not think she was murdered. Originally Posted by WTF
I don't think she was murdered either. The Officer acted within the law, but violated some of his Department's policies, like drawing his Taser, that was a big dumb mistake. People commit suicide in police custody more often than people realize. Police generally aren't held liable, unless it is foreseeable that they could have intervened and prevented it but failed to do so.

Jim
She's dead, Tim. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yea, suicide. It was reported she plastic bagged herself.

Probably from being distraught from her over-embarrassment for acting like an ass.

Some people spend too much time watching TV.
  • shanm
  • 07-22-2015, 02:27 PM

Probably from being distraught from her over-embarrassment for acting like an ass.
Originally Posted by LexusLover
Oh hahaha you're so funny man. Dead people jokes are just the best.
Dead people jokes are just the best. Originally Posted by shanm
That wasn't a joke. You are a joke.

Some people spend too much time watching TV. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Suicide, it's a strange thing really. Realistically defined as a permanent solution to a temporary problem. In it's wake, the living always try to find someone or something else to blame for it.

Jim
In everyone one of these cases where white cops "over step their bounds" and the black guy is dead, the perps ALWAYS have criminal records. Not saying they deserve to die. But it seems the ONLY people who issues with over zealous cops are the criminals.

Like someone else pointed out. Do what the cop asks and be polite. If you feel you were treated inappropriately take it up with the department later. I have very little sympathy for there people.
In everyone one of these cases where white cops "over step their bounds" and the black guy is dead, the perps ALWAYS have criminal records. Not saying they deserve to die. But it seems the ONLY people who issues with over zealous cops are the criminals.

Like someone else pointed out. Do what the cop asks and be polite. If you feel you were treated inappropriately take it up with the department later. I have very little sympathy for there people.
Do what the cop asks and be polite. Originally Posted by tonyvicksa
It's always easier to drive home in one's own vehicle,

.......and spend the night in their own bed.

And much cheaper.

"Yes, sir"

"No, Sir"

You fight with the cops, you're gonna get your ass kicked. Originally Posted by timpage
This is what I tell my children when they reaching driving age. It's the same thing my grandfather told me.

She's dead, Tim. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy